PlasticSoldier

Hi,

Just a quick question, I'm working on a spitfire maintenance diorama in 1940 and I wondered what type of fuel tanker(s) would of been used to fuel a spitfire at this time?

Many thanks, 

PlasticSoldier

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Please be aware that this type of DB-tractor (VlG) was not in use in 1940. Better use a Matador Fordson-tractor. You also may use a Thompson 3-wheeler refueller from David Parkins. I am convinced that the Airfix-kit is more 1/76 than 1/72.

As there is no surviving Albion bowser (except the one on SS Thistlegorm some 100ft below surface in the Suez-Canal all models done of this one by far are more or less "educated guess". The Matador model is not easy to buiild but it looks ok. 

Honestly speaking, all of them have their "+" and "-" but at the end of the day they basically look a bit like their originals.  But you should have a look at correct painting and vehicle types for this particular time. Not everything offered on the market is useable for 1940. E.g. Airfix´ Bedford QL-bowser is a model made after the war, gthe Austin 6x4 fire truck was never bult in this configuration etc...

Cheers

Michael