Scamell pioneer breakdown tractor

Hewy

Very nice. I got the Tiger Models Scammel transporter for Christmas, will be back for a better look at this build for inspiration but any photos you can point me to would be greatly appreciated

• Thanks 1

Oh man, that's a beast.....Your paintwork and weathering are stupendous!  :worthy:

I've got a massive soft spot for the Scammell Pioneer, back in my 'naughty boy' days one of these things (painted sky blue, with a log-cabin on the back) provided easy access to a rave site that the local plod were utterly convinced they had well & properly road-blocked.....Hedge vs. Scammell Pioneer, there can be only one outcome!  :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Oh man, that's a beast.....Your paintwork and weathering are stupendous!  :worthy:

I've got a massive soft spot for the Scammell Pioneer, back in my 'naughty boy' days one of these things (painted sky blue, with a log-cabin on the back) provided easy access to a rave site that the local plod were utterly convinced they had well & properly road-blocked.....Hedge vs. Scammell Pioneer, there can be only one outcome!  :lol:

I'll shortly be acquiring another one of these for a long term project i have in mind in which it'll be converted to a fair ground truck from yesteryear, 

Thanks all

Glynn 

• Like 2

On 30/12/2017 at 15:56, Gremlin56 said:

It's in a lot of small details Glynn, the rope that ties up the motorbike and has started to unravel, the tea cup on the running board, the tarps etc. I love it, gorgeous work.

Julian

Thanks for noticing that rope julian, you wouldn't belive the time i spent on that, i will get round to an rfi this week with some better photos

On 20/12/2017 at 09:31, Bullbasket said:

First class Glynn. Glad to see that you've got some tension in the cable. Something that a lot of people miss, and it spoils he appearance.

John.

Thanks john, i dont like cables, and ariel lines on ww2 subjects slack either 

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, robgizlu said:

What a superb result - absolutely spot-on weathering.

Super job all round

Rob

1 hour ago, longshanks said:

Sounds like a great plan, definitely something different :thumbsup:

Be sure and do a WIP where we can find it.

Kev

On 03/01/2018 at 01:53, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Thanks rob, kev I'll give you a heads up when I've got all the research photos in cheers, sarge, sounds like a fun filled mispent youth, great memories though i bet, 

Kev I'd probably still be on it now if it weren't for that prod, cheers fellas 

Glynn 

• Haha 1

On 31/12/2017 at 10:05, PlaStix said:

That really is absolutely superb! Very impressive modelling on all levels! Fantastic! :worthy::worthy:

Hope you have a very Happy New Year.

Kind regards,

Stix

On 01/01/2018 at 12:42, robw_uk said:

Very nice. I got the Tiger Models Scammel transporter for Christmas, will be back for a better look at this build for inspiration but any photos you can point me to would be greatly appreciated

Stix,  approval from you is good enough for me, thankyou, rob the thunder models one is supposed to be real nice, good luck on it, i'll tag along

On 31/12/2017 at 09:49, Bullbasket said:

Superb build Glynn. Love the Beeza.

John.

Gotta be honest john, i saw that in a magazine in  whs and loved it back when i started this build, i always intended to put a mc on the back

On 30/12/2017 at 23:18, Richard E said:

The small details which elevate a model to the level of a replica of the real vehicle: that cup of tea is just waiting for a squaddie to come back and finish it as soon as he's checked that the BSA is securely fastened to the back of the wagon!

Richard, too kind mate, we all pick things up from others, great forum, and andy's scammell build has a tea cup on it and it was a tip of the cap to him for sending me a lot of reference pictures, but the bsa did take some stringing up to be fair, 

On 30/12/2017 at 23:01, AndyRM101 said:

Masterful work Glynn. Well worth all the hard work you put into it.

Andy:cat:

Andy, cheers for the photos they came in very handy, hope you don't  mind me including the tea cup, a tip of the cap, 

On 30/12/2017 at 22:49, Carius said:

Looks excellent, indeed.

Cheers, for the positive comments all the way through, 

Its been a joy gentlemen 

Glynn 

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Hewy said:

Cheers,  how's yours coming along I'm looking forward to seeing it the raf livery

Hi Glynn,

I have finished mine and it is in RAF livery. I haven't bothered continuing with my build post as I was "doing it in the wrong livery and with vehicle numbers that were incorrect" etc.  Beaten by rivet counters!

• Haha 1

• 4 years later...