Scamell pioneer breakdown tractor

Hewy

1 hour ago, clive_t said:

Great modelling :yes:

Cheers clive, should be able to  finish glazing the cab tonight, going to do the rest as the front windows, in acetate, its a lot thinner, any curious peeping inside will look a bit better, i hope :tmi:

Thank rob, the quote bit went haywire:o, glad you like it so far

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

After getting bogged down renovating our kitchen,  I've finally got time for more than 30mins on the scammell, not a massive update but a little more detailing, seeing as i want to have the access hatch to the crane and winch open,  the backside of it needs a bit of work, 

Here's the hatch bereft of any detail on the side I'm showing 

2017-08-30_06-10-49

And the bits I've added 

2017-08-30_06-11-15

And on the back I've added some strengthening irons and a bumper bar for the hatch

2017-08-30_06-12-00

Cheers

Glynn

• Like 10

I just got caught up with this build.  Very nice scratching added.  It looks like a nice kit to work with.

• Like 1

It is a nice kit rich, some inaccuracies  on it, I'm not usually that anal about mistakes, but i am enjoying putting a few right, i dont usually scratch build much so a bit of a learning curve there too, cheers for looking in

Glynn

4 minutes ago, Steve_farrier said:

I was down at Dorset steam fair this weekend past and there were about 5 pioneers. I took lots of photos of them (although none from above :-( drone will b bought one day!!) I'll upload to Flickr and post a link here if you like 

That would be great steve thanks

Glynn

I have one in the stash, started it when it first came out earlier this year but had to put it to one side for other things, but would love to pick it up again asap - the work here looks excellent. Will be keeping notes for the future :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Every time that I read this thread, one thought goes through my mind. Gotta get one of these! Great attention to detail.

John.

Might be worth holding out for the thunder models version, might be a bit less work john, although like me you probably enjoy altering and modifying kits, and i believe the thunder model scammell will be £10 or so more expensive when it comes out soon

Thanks 

Glynn

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Kallisti said:

I have one in the stash, started it when it first came out earlier this year but had to put it to one side for other things, but would love to pick it up again asap - the work here looks excellent. Will be keeping notes for the future :)

Thanks kalisti i haven't seen another one in progress yet, hope it goes well when you pick it up again, and look forward to seeing it completed

Glynn

• Like 1

A little modification to the radiator pot which is a little scale undersize on the model,  so i had a bash at making  a new one, i think it turned out ok so i took the plunge and cut the kits one off and fitted mine, 

2017-09-03_06-39-282017-09-03_06-37-44

2017-09-03_07-10-33

And grafted on 

2017-09-03_07-05-38

A smidgeon of filler when the glue is set to finish

Glynn

• Like 8

Just saw your work in progress,I have just received one in the mail had to buy it from Poland,could not find any in Oz,the British mag Military Modelcraft International July issue has something on this kit,we always get our mags 2 months behind you(sucks)so I have not seen what they wrote about it,glad to see your work will give me a head start on what to look for,not in your class of finish but will make life easier Cheers.and I believe this kit only came out this year.

10 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

It does look a tad on the small side doesn't it. Your replacement looks a lot better. Another nugget to file away for future reference.

John.

Thanks john, i have took another mm or two off the height today, the old fresh pair of eyes and a new day, you know, but i am less concerned  now,i think  it was a prominent part that would have drew the eye, have you noticed the air filter too😮

9 hours ago, Jim Wasley said:

Just saw your work in progress,I have just received one in the mail had to buy it from Poland,could not find any in Oz,the British mag Military Modelcraft International July issue has something on this kit,we always get our mags 2 months behind you(sucks)so I have not seen what they wrote about it,glad to see your work will give me a head start on what to look for,not in your class of finish but will make life easier Cheers.and I believe this kit only came out this year.

I don't think you'll  be disappointed with it jim, it really is a lovely build up, there's a couple of sites on the net that list all the errors, but I'm honestly not a rivet counter or a correctness nerd, its just a model i wanted to have a bash at getting closer to the 1to1 version, and i must say I'm thoroughly enjoying it, there has been an example built in a couple of magazines recently one  i think it was afv where theres a motorcycle winched up at the rear, i like that idea, 

Thanks

Glynn

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Thanks john, i have took another mm or two off the height today, the old fresh pair of eyes and a new day, you know, but i am less concerned  now,i think  it was a prominent part that would have drew the eye, have you noticed the air filter too😮

I don't think you'll  be disappointed with it jim, it really is a lovely build up, there's a couple of sites on the net that list all the errors, but I'm honestly not a rivet counter or a correctness nerd, its just a model i wanted to have a bash at getting closer to the 1to1 version, and i must say I'm thoroughly enjoying it, there has been an example built in a couple of magazines recently one  i think it was afv where theres a motorcycle winched up at the rear, i like that idea, 

Thanks

Glynn

Thanks Glynn,yes I just build for Fun but sometimes when you stick your fingers together and loose a part on the floor and it disappears forever does drive you nuts,did like this one the moment I saw it.Thanks for taking the time to reply Cheers Jim. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Hewy said:

have you noticed the air filter too😮

No I haven't but I'm guessing that they got the size/shape wrong. Seem to remember reading something about it on another site.

John.

• Like 1

On 10/09/2017 at 09:35, Hamden said:

IMG_0021.jpg

Saw these at War & Peace Revival don't know if any use

Roger

They're both explorers roger,  a later model, still very nice photos though thanks, work has left very little time for modelling lately, even internet browsing for that matter, although i have scratch built a new air filter to be added and I've done a bit of painting I'll update tomorrow cheers

Glynn