Aviation of Japan Blog

757flyer

I was looking up some information tonight and got an error message saying "This blog is open to invited readers only" when I visited the Aviation of Japan blog.  When did the site go private?  Was a great reference...

Mike

I know the American Aircraft for the RAF has been,  and a quick check shows that Aviation of Japan is now too.

Darn, looks like I'm going to have to get some form of google account and ask Nick.

Not the first time that message shows up, then days later normally it's accessible again.

At the same times I cannot access Nick's other blog (American Aircraft for the RAF) either where I have an invite even.

I think this happens during maintenance or in that direction.

It has been a couple years since visiting Nick's site, but yes I am now getting a blocked message too.  Image searches still give results from the blog, just can't view the images in their page context.  I guess this was done to cut down on the  pirating of his research?

regards,

Jack

I'm getting the same message, which I didn't the last time I went to AviationOfJapan not too long ago. I wonder if it has anything to do with the recent PhotoBucket debacle. Hopefully Nick himself may see this thread at some point and clarify.

2 hours ago, spitfire said:

I have just tried to log in and have been denied as well, so something has gone wrong.

Cheers

Dennis

I PM'd Nick to see if he knew anything, but no reply as of yet. Has anybody else heard from him? Sure hope the issue can be resolved, as I religiously check each of the two blogs- they are invaluable modeling resources!

Mike

BTW- P-51D Happy Jack's Go Buggy flew over my house again this week; it's based here in SA and I get to hear and see it on a regular basis, as Bruce Winters, the owner/pilot, flies it a lot, usually on Fridays. Who needs surround sound when you can listen to a Merlin?

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, never mind. I thought Nick had posted recently to the thread on AVG P-40s, but I now see his posts were July 2 and earlier. Still hoping everything is okay with him.

Edited by Seawinder

I too have been concerned over this. I hope it's just some kind of maintenance, or Photobucket crap, etc. Like many of you, I really enjoy his blog, one of only three or four regular places I visit on the web now. 

I did write him, twice, and he's always replied pretty promptly in the past. I do hope all is well.

Warren

I tried using one of the links he always has in his posts here; it went to a "Google" sign-in page. I haven't tried to email or PM him; I might just to see what is happening. As with dixieflyer, I have emailed him several times about modelling matters; he has always replied when he has the time. He is a most generous man with his knowledge. I hope that all is well with him, too.

Edited by JPuente54
mis-spelling

Yes, I'm concerned about his recent lack of any posts to this forum. I imagine that's connected to the web page being inaccessible, but I don't want to speculate further. I do hope Nick isn't suffering any serious health issue.

29 minutes ago, Panoz said:

http://www.dogma72.com/?p=1717

:huh:

I wonder if this had something to do with Mr. Millman's disapppearance...:hmmm:

That 'review' has got to be one of the strangest things I've read in a while.

Can anyone else hear an axe grinding in the background?

I hope Nick is ok and that he logs in here soon.

Trevor

• Like 3