3 days at RIAT 2017 (Updated 23/07/17)

Great shots as ever and thanks.  Saturday am was so disappointing to have missed the Midnight Hawks, Typhoon, Belgian F-16, Spanish F/A-18 and Raptor - I was lucky to see all those on Friday.  Highlights once it cleared after lunch were the SoloTurk, the Rafale, the Flanker and the C-27J doing a full roll...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

I've seen some great pictures taken from Totterdown, and have thought about trying it myself! How much does it cost?

It was £7.50 per person, good value in my opinion. I took my camera but only had a couple of hours sleep the night before, so didn't use it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave in Oxford said:

It was £7.50 per person, good value in my opinion. I took my camera but only had a couple of hours sleep the night before, so didn't use it!

Was it very crowded? A discussion on another forum suggested that it was great for alternative shots but had become very busy and therefore lost a lot of its attraction. I've never been but it's a location that perhaps I ought to think about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Latinbear said:

Was it very crowded? A discussion on another forum suggested that it was great for alternative shots but had become very busy and therefore lost a lot of its attraction. I've never been but it's a location that perhaps I ought to think about.

It was my first time on the hill, I went with a friend who said it had become more crowded, but it was certainly less crowded than the airfield was the last time I went there (pre 1995).

Edited by Dave in Oxford
typo
  • Like 1

Just now, Dave in Oxford said:

It was my first time on the hill, I went with a friend who said it had become more crowded, but it was certainly less crowded than the airfield was the last time I went there (pre 19950.

Many thanks. It's nice being inside for all that is on offer but there is a lot to be said for getting a different view of the display.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Latinbear said:

Many thanks. It's nice being inside for all that is on offer but there is a lot to be said for getting a different view of the display.

It's certainly a pleasant relaxed atmosphere on the hill, I was sat by my friend's car all day drinking beer and watching planes at close quarters. I'll be there again next year!

• Like 2