Star Trek enterprise D, E, friends and foes

So more on the Star Trek building front,

First up is a Borg Cube, scale unknown, this is the furata snap fix kit, with a custom paint job. (The cube comes moulded in black) Enamel Gun metal and flourescant paint added.

DSC_3479_zps8hzhtoec.jpgDSC_3480_zpsjdkampim.jpg

Next up is a Ferengi Marauder, scale unknown, AMT adversary pack, hand painted in humbrol enamels. The decals are slightly visible as i havent had a chance to satin cote yet.

DSC_3494_zpsq392hdwi.jpgDSC_3495_zps9i1duxa7.jpgDSC_3496_zpsoba3vgwq.jpg

Next up is the Enterprise D, scale 1/2500 by AMT, which is the largest of the lot, hand painted in humbrol enamels with a mind numbing 74 decals. 2nd pic hand of Q, LOL

DSC_3485_zpsfvnkeuyu.jpgDSC_3486_zpsykkhs076.jpg

DSC_3487_zpsdqrhulrc.jpgDSC_3490_zpskubpfmth.jpg

Warren the 5 ltr tin shot (see you at Smallspace)

DSC_3491_zpstdhevrji.jpg

Next up is the sleek Enterprise E, 1/2500 by AMT,  hand painted in humbrol enamels with a mind numbing 68 decals, (Watch out when applying the engine decals, see my earlier thread).

DSC_3481_zps9ayixdbl.jpgDSC_3482_zpskyokgshq.jpg

DSC_3483_zpsylm8ngne.jpgDSC_3484_zpsejheyjfc.jpg

Finally a couple of WIP display photos, apart from the Borg Cube and Ferengi Marauder, they are all 1/2500 scale from the 1701 refit to the 1701-E, Klingon K'tinga & USS reliant.

Note on Enterprise C "awaiting orbital dry dock", having binned the AMT decals (if you can call them that, more like coloured flakes) im awaiting a new set of 3rd party decals to complete.

DSC_3492_zpsklyxebcv.jpgDSC_3493_zpsvkmtpmmq.jpg

Live Long and Prosper

All the best Chris

• Like 13

Very nice looking collection. FYI you ever want 'mind numbing' decals try a 1/48 Phantom. The last one I did had close to 400 decals to place!!!! lol

• Like 2

This is looking really good Chris, the Enterprise D is my favourite ship and yours looks really good.

I had the same issue with the decals in the Enterprise C kit I built some years ago, ended up with a lot of holes in the aztec (plus they misspelled Enterprise!), I covered it all with battle damage.

You didn't fancy an in-scale borg cube then? it wouldn't be more than 2 or 3 feet across.

Cheers,

Stuart

• Like 1

On 13/07/2017 at 10:43 AM, whitestar12chris said:

Next up is a Ferengi Marauder, scale unknown, AMT adversary pack, hand painted in humbrol enamels. The decals are slightly visible as i havent had a chance to satin cote yet.

FWIW, the original Adversary set gave the scale of the Marauder (and the BoP and D'deridex that came with it) as 1/3730. No idea where that figure came from or why they'd use it, but there you go.

Phil

• Like 1