1/144 de Havilland DH114 Heron 1 BEA Red Square Scheme

22 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Cracking job John:clap2:

Thanks Steve. I am pleased with the way this one has turned out.

21 hours ago, michael301757 said:

What a lovely job you have done there, Barra is a stunning location, would love to have seen Herons flying there, can but dream. great job.                                                                                                                                                                                                               Cheers Michael.                   

Thanks Michael. I agree, Barra looks to be a beautiful location from the photographs I have seen whilst making this, in fact the whole of that region of Scotland looks stunning. One to go on my bucket list along with the Gower Peninsula and the Northumbrian coast.

20 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

That looks absolutely superb.  Great build and a terrific little vignette.  The grass looks great.

Cheers Meatbox. It's the first time I have used WWS static grasses. They all blend together really well and for this I started with 2mm dead grass as a base layer, followed by 4mm Autumn mix and then some 6mm Patchy.

10 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That is just beautiful John! I don't think I've ever used the epithet charming for a model before, but I think it well suits your lovely diorama!

Keith

Thanks for the kind comment Keith. I had to correct the wheel location on the kit, Welsh Models would have you fix them on nacelles which makes the model stance way off. I also did a bit of scratch building, but I should either have used a larger size drill to remove more material from the nose or tried to squeeze in some heavier fishing weights.

2 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Delightful. Just delightful.

Tony

Thanks very much Tony.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Superb build and superb presentation. Both the aircraft and the base look excellent!! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers Stix, that means a great deal from someone that I consider to be a fine exponent of the art when it comes to creating dioramas.

• Like 1