Hasegawa's Spitfire Mk.IX

Hey everyone, 

Recently finished the Revellgawa Spitfire Mk.IX, I used some aftermarket decals to depict a machine based in Normandy in 1944. Also a Eduard photo etch fret to spruce up the the cockpit. The value of this kit OOB, detail, fit, engineering - is spectacular. I would recommend this kit to anyone, of any ability. 

Without further ado, here it is! 

c643adff536e3d7d1918f15e0dd3cd8b.png

4bd9ec18355dcf7c2a8f2fbf0726a9c8.jpg

And for those interested in the build process, here is the thread and a video I made to show it all a bit clearer:

Cheers everyone! 

• Like 16

Diggin the video. The Hase Spit is still a favorite for an easy, quick build. Fuselage length be damned! I actually challenged some buddies if they could tell the difference side by side to an Eduard kit. None of them saw a discrepancy in the length until I told them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, airbus320 said:

Nicely built Spitfire! The Hasegawa kit is lovely, it's a shame they got the fuselage length wrong! Doesn't detract from your build though :yes:

Chris

It's  not just the length as the depth is off as well. Some people buy the new resin fuselage or try and fix it by adding plugs but neither fully fixes the problem. Me I just build it as it is and don't put it on the shelf next to and Eduard or ICM kit.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, airbus320 said:

Nicely built Spitfire! The Hasegawa kit is lovely, it's a shame they got the fuselage length wrong! Doesn't detract from your build though :yes:

Chris

Cheers Chris! It really is, I wasn't aware of it the technical flaws of the kit, still it went to together nicely and I glad you liked it, thanks!

12 hours ago, stevehnz said:

A way smart job on that. :thumbsup:

Steve.

Thanks mate! 

11 hours ago, Habu12 said:

Diggin the video. The Hase Spit is still a favorite for an easy, quick build. Fuselage length be damned! I actually challenged some buddies if they could tell the difference side by side to an Eduard kit. None of them saw a discrepancy in the length until I told them.

Thanks! Surely the fuselage length can't be that noticeable then, as you said it still builds well quickly so it was still fun.

5 hours ago, Tbolt said:

Great work, she looks really nice. Interesting with a pink spinner and fuselage band.

Thanks, in reality they are both that ambiguous 'sky' creamy colour, not sure why they came out a bit pink in those photos

5 hours ago, Tbolt said:

It's  not just the length as the depth is off as well. Some people buy the new resin fuselage or try and fix it by adding plugs but neither fully fixes the problem. Me I just build it as it is and don't put it on the shelf next to and Eduard or ICM kit.

I like your strategy of just parking it further away from more accurate spits to solve the problem hahah

Thanks everyone! 

• Like 1