1/72 Potez XXV from Azur-Frrom

John Thompson

4 hours ago, occa said:

The parts look like a technology leap happened, can't wait to buy some of those

I agree totally. If the plastic ends up looking like those images, we will have an incredible kit on our hands. Thank you so much Azur-Fromm. A great new year's gift.

• 3 weeks later...

Fresh news.

Source: http://www.frrom.com/index.php?page=Accueil-2

FR0037 and FR0038, Potez 25 A2/B2 show some progresses. We should be able to bring some parts to Nuremberg. We will later study the possibility of having also a Potez 29. 3D print of half fuselages  (common TOE and A2/B2), engines, specific bottom of fuselages for A2/B2 and TOE are ready (preparation of molds), they were shown at Nuremberg and are of very good quality. Release in May, June at latest.  Last update : 18 th of February, 2019.

V.P.

• 3 months later...

Hum...I wonder if there is any chance of a civil Potez 25, like F-AJDX/Y/Z flown by Aeropostale in Argentina.

Problem is they didn't kill anyone (willingly, that is) and only accomplished incredible feats and extraordinary achievements trying to deliver the mail and the occasional passenger, praised in many books and accounts, so I guess the chances are slim...no bang-bang or boom-boom, you are doomed (as a potential kit).

Sigh.....

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Moa said:

Hum...I wonder if there is any chance of a civil Potez 25, like F-AJDX/Y/Z flown by Aeropostale in Argentina.

Problem is they didn't kill anyone (willingly, that is) and only accomplished incredible feats and extraordinary achievements trying to deliver the mail and the occasional passenger, praised in many books and accounts, so I guess the chances are slim...no bang-bang or boom-boom, you are doomed (as a potential kit).

Sigh.....

They were considering also Potez 29, so basicly civvie machine. Anyway, the postal XXV is very easy to convert from military A2.

5008_1.jpg

Cheers

J-W 

3 hours ago, JWM said:

They were considering also Potez 29, so basicly civvie machine. Anyway, the postal XXV is very easy to convert from military A2.

5008_1.jpg

Cheers

J-W 

Yes, that's what I almost always have to do, convert and adapt and then concern myself about the decals.

I know it can be done, I have done literally dozens of times, but I would appreciate a civil version directly from factory, not just for me, but for modelers that would like that but don't want to get involved into modifications or have no access to alternate decals.

Fortunately it must be said, more and more civil releases are being put on the market, for the joy of those among us who rather build a model that has accomplished a great civil feat, or is merely beautiful, or brings nice memories from the past, instead of gloomy ones.

SH and Azur-Frrom have themselves released many civil kits, and have bought them all and build some (congrats, by the way, on that! I love them)

I (partially) don't blame manufacturers: war, for some reason, sells way more than peace. A reference so brilliant to human nature that many are blind to it.

Sometimes I think many modelers are unconsciously (and of course without any malice on their part) blood-thirsty. I get the historical part, I am not against it (I despise utterly nazi symbols, though) but the proportion of boom-boom bang-bang against civil releases is...well....disproportionate.

Sociologists and psychologists (any among the distinguished BM membership, by the way?) would have a field day with the effects of symbols of power (boom-boom bang-bang -may be an heritage of us playing with bellicose toys during our childhoods?-) versus symbols of discovery, creativity, progress, refinement, intellect.

I know I am now way off topic, I call myself to silence.

I just wanted to leave a personal reflection, if of course unsolicited and perhaps unwelcome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Firts three sprues 

http://www.specialhobby.net/2019/06/potrez-25-172-prvni-tri-ramecky-vylisku.html

https://www.facebook.com/specialhobby/posts/661919427581754

We presented the new mould for Potez 25 wings on May 15th. Now I can show the first test of the non-tuned molding. The mold will now be treated and polished.

60937917-661919190915111-738335647328108

P-04.jpg

P-10.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Why is there a radial/rotary engine on the sprue ? different version ? I see no such image in the CAD photos in previous page.

1 hour ago, Basuroy said:

Why is there a radial/rotary engine on the sprue ? different version ? I see no such image in the CAD photos in previous page.

Looking at the listing it's shown as a A2/B2 and according to Wikipedia the A2 could either have the inline or a radial engine. I think it looks even better with the radial.

• Like 1

Looks perfect! The radial engine is Bristol Jupiter for for example Yugoslavian/Croatian machine like that one (this is Hit Kit model):

36571452535_ca175b4a78_b.jpg&key=2f5e26b

more here:

Poland also used Potez XXV build under licence at PWS also with Jupiter but covered by cowling and fairing behind it. The were in flying schools still at outbreak of WWII in 1939.

po16.jpg

potez25A2_1.png

Interestig, if SH/Azur will do this variant and maybe Salmson engine too - like they did in case of Nortrop Delta variants...

Regards

J-W

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, JWM said:

Looks perfect! The radial engine is Bristol Jupiter for for example Yugoslavian/Croatian machine like that one (this is Hit Kit model):

more here:

Poland also used Potez XXV build under licence at PWS also with Jupiter but covered by cowling and fairing behind it. The were in flying schools still at outbreak of WWII in 1939.

Interestig, if SH/Azur will do this variant and maybe Salmson engine too - like they did in case of Nortrop Delta variants...

Regards

J-W

The Salmon version is pretty sexy, though the others look good as well.

10121L.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe the radial engine emenet on right-top part of mould is a cental part of Salmson engine? Difficult to judge...

Below Salmson driven Potez XXV in SCW:

26-1.jpg&key=4dc67e308551f90fe9f4f7ae94f

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pedro1 said:

So many kits, so little time 😞

Tell me about it! I keep looking at all these new kits on here thinking that I'm going to buy a lot of them, but I've now got to the point that I have to stop myself spending as I need to bring the stash down. But hey I might live till I'm 130 to finish my current stash ;)

On 6/18/2019 at 9:37 AM, JWM said:

more here:

po16.jpg

potez25A2_1.png

Regards

J-W

Wow - that Polish tan-green-brown bird would be a nice project.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/specialhobby/posts/695424730897890

We are preparing the 1/72 Potez 25 not only for the Azur / Frrom, but also for the Special Hobby. Here are photos of sprues for Special Hobby versions. The SH72407 Potez 25 TOE and two radial engine versions are being prepared. The SH72416 Potez 25B2 Polish Jupiter Version has engine with NACA cover and Potez 25A2 Jupiter Version has uncovered engine.

V.P.

• Like 4

promising yes but pricing remains to be seen . Special hobby kits are normally reasonably marked but Azur commands a premium . There are 72nd scale azur biplanes that are costlier than a B-17 or Wellington kit.

1 minute ago, Basuroy said:

Special hobby kits are normally reasonably marked but Azur commands a premium . There are 72nd scale azur biplanes that are costlier than a B-17 or Wellington kit.

Because Azur FRROM are commissioned by an additional '3rd Party' French outfit ,who also has to get their level of profit from the kit....... so they have 2 organisations taking profit from the kit, instead of 1. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

In section for manufactures I made a post, which perhaps can be interestiong for all who is interesting in Potez XXV, and especially in Polish variant with Jupiter engine covered by cowling and wih fairing behind it.

And here is about Potez XXV with Jupiter in cowling.

http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl/index.php/digitalizacja/katalog/614

Please note photos on the very last row if you scroll screen down. You may see many omitted details.

On right side should be oil cooler like in PZP P7, drom which the whole engine set was adopted. I do not see provison for it in published as yet elements...

I hope it is still not too late,,,

BTW - if anybody wants to add more details constructing Potez XXV there is a good well illustrated servicing documentaion here:

http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl/index.php/digitalizacja/katalog/642

http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl/index.php/digitalizacja/katalog/329

The whole list of scaned old documentations is in link http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl/digitalizacja_archiwaliow/digitalizacja.php  some very surprising like that for Mureaux 115!

http://www.muzeumlotnictwa.pl/index.php/digitalizacja/katalog/1130

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM
  • Like 1