Belgian Mirage 5BA from Heller kit

stevehnz

Just a Space holder for now, too busy watchin the Rugby (All BLacks vs Lions, final test, a bit tight, 1/2 time now). I'll be building this pretty much OOB but maybe some Daco decals I have.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

Steve,

Welcome to the GB, pleased to see the venerable Heller (two words that seem to go together a lot these days), 1/72nd kit.

Saw a 5BA at Savigny-lès-Beaune recently, lovely looking jet.  No photo's unfortunately as my phone battery was flat (some muppet had forgotten to charge it :bangin:).

No spoilers on the rugby please.

1 hour ago, Wez said:

Steve,

Welcome to the GB, pleased to see the venerable Heller (two words that seem to go together a lot these days), 1/72nd kit.

Saw a 5BA at Savigny-lès-Beaune recently, lovely looking jet.  No photo's unfortunately as my phone battery was flat (some muppet had forgotten to charge it :bangin:).

No spoilers on the rugby please.

Thanks Wez, I'm sure you know the result by now, possibly as good a result as we deserved, the ABs didn't have one of their better ones & your guys played with great determination, they just got better as the tour went on. Bummer about your phone battery, its a sod when that happens, lots of photos on the net though, enough to confuse me, maybe I'll go with a wrap around scheme yet, I'll have to look to see what my Daco decals can come up with.

Steve.

Steve,

I know the result now thanks, just need to watch the match later. 

Regarding your 5BA, the wraparound scheme looks particularly mean!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not much porgress on the Mirage front the last couple of weeks, least wise as far as modelling goes but a lot of mulling things over. I'm kind of leaning towards doing an Aussie IIIO out of this kit, I think I can anyway, using some Frog decals I have. I picked up a set off ebay as spares for the ones I got from Hannants some time back, the ones from the big H are in better register so hopefully they'll do the job. They are for a 3 squadron machine RAAF.

Steve.

• 1 month later...

Sorry all, this is not going to happen, life being especially inconvenient just now & even though there is over a month to go, it isn't looking any better for that time. :( I'm enjoying watching others efforts though, albeit with some frustration.

Steve.

30 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Sorry all, this is not going to happen, life being especially inconvenient just now & even though there is over a month to go, it isn't looking any better for that time. :( I'm enjoying watching others efforts though, albeit with some frustration.

Steve.

Never mind Steve, whilst its a shame you won't be taking part you're still welcome to shout encouragement from the side lines.

I expect to receive my books this week for my next round of studies beginning in October so I really need to pull my finger out with my two builds!

• Like 1