HMS Dreadnought 1907 - Trumpeter 1/350

Thank you. 

Now there is a question. On the photos from 1905 the main mast is in one colour, but in 1908 you can see the main beams in dark colour (I assume it is black). Does somebody know when it was repainted and what colour should be on my?

On 09/02/2018 at 7:46 PM, Kris B said:

Thank you. 

Now there is a question. On the photos from 1905 the main mast is in one colour, but in 1908 you can see the main beams in dark colour (I assume it is black). Does somebody know when it was repainted and what colour should be on my?

Hi Kris

I don't know the exact date but there's a picture captioned in June 1907 where the foremast tripod legs (I assume that's what you're referring to) look grey, and one dated 'mid 1907' where there's definitely a darker section up to the bottom of the control top, all the Dec 1906 gun trial pics have no 'black' section and all the 1908 pics have it so I assume mid 1907 some time.

I went for black on mine as that's what most references for the darker portion of masts seems to show this.

Cheers

Nick  

Hi Nick. I've painted mine in black as well. Hopefully photos soon.

For few days I am trying to fit the wooden decks, but when I've got the model out of the box and have to start I feel like a fox approaching a hedgehog. But hopefully it gonna be done over the weekend. 

Thank you. 

Finally the house demolition going to the end and I had some spare time to do something with model. Funnels installed and tension cables (do not know the proper name) done as well. Was a little bit fight with them, but at the end is done. 

TfqdOV1UIMfuqlHYsEYv9qU22jbRR48TObN7U-j1

_hG9XHYsiz9DgriScd9bnFBHjzy-A7Kjdnp_P3v2

• Like 9

Cheers lads. This is all new for me and I thought a little bit of how to do it. Not sure that I am going the right direction, but will see. I've already mounted the front mast and now I will rigg it. I will post some photos when that will be done. 

I've managed to finish rigging the main mast and can move forward with final assembly of bridge and funnels area.

QN_zgGUhkob_z9_BX_7rbdCQVhGsTn3C4PLK2iKl

9RULTT1J_OlqHaa-aWHSmqzi7tS6kTAYl9RRQPXu

EL0g_1X176s5s4RZR-asWDw6FqKwv7OmZqTXEmoI

and the mast - uff.

CRUdfMLMbjQuIO1zLhirNzmdIQEduqx82vG52zD1

• Like 9