Revell Boeing 747 1/144

Hello,

Just wonder about the mainlanding gear on the Revell 747... ...in the instructions ona are installing the first pair of the landing gear when getting the gearbays to the hull and the second pair in the end of the build. Is it possible to wait with the first pair to the last buildingsteps or will there be problem to get them in place if not doing it by instructions?

Cheers / André

Which version of the Boeing 747 are you building?  Revell have made two different 747 kits - the 747-100/200 (currently sold as the E-4B) and the 747-400.

Sorry I can't help you with the 747-400 which I've never built but with the 747-100/200 all the undercarriage can be fitted at a later stage and doesn't have to be fitted during the main assembly.

Hello, André

FWIW, I built Revell's 747-400 (KLM livery) decades ago. Although I do not remember at which stage I installed the undercarriage, I do not remember having any trouble with it either, and I never glue/install any accident prone part before it is absolutely necessary. Cheers

Jure

Hi Andre,

On both 747 kits,you can install the landing gear after main assembly and paintjob.

I built the 747-200 and the -400 recently and had no trouble installing them after the main assembly was done.

On 7/8/2017 at 11:33, Skodadriver said:

Which version of the Boeing 747 are you building?  Revell have made two different 747 kits - the 747-100/200 (currently sold as the E-4B) and the 747-400.

Don't forget the -8 as well  :think:

Dave

55 minutes ago, halcyonjet said:

Don't forget the -8 as well  :think:

Dave

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me.  It's not a kit that has ever interested me and I know I'll never build it so I did manage to forget all about it!

• Like 1