Spitfire Mk.XVI Cowling (648307 for Eduard 1:48)

Spitfire Mk.XVI Cowling (648307 for Eduard)

1:48 Eduard Brassin

boxtop.jpg

Eduard's new 1:48 Spitfires are excellent kits, but the limitations of injection moulding mean that their top cowlings have to be made from two halves due to the bulges over the exhaust stacks that are so characteristic of any Spit, whether it's Merlin equipped or Griffon powered.  Eduard have created a series of resin replacements for those that it bothers, either because they dislike filling seams, are worried that the seam may reappear as they sometimes do, or just want to save a little time.  As usual with Eduard's resin sets, they arrive in the familiar Brassin clamshell box, with the resin parts safely cocooned on dark grey foam inserts, and the instructions sandwiched between the two halves, doubling as the header card.

648307.jpg

There is only one part in the box, with the moulding block attached at the front end, with protective bars running along the sides, and flash between them and the cowling.  Cleanup will be the work of moments, as the front of the cowling is hidden by the prop, and you've got no work to do that might jeopardise all that delicate detail.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the thread bump, but does anyone have the problem that these parts are longer compared to their plastic parts?

I've just bought 4 covers for IXc and they're 1mm longer than the plastic?

Not really a drop fit replacement....

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/07/2017 at 3:43 PM, Christer A said:

Sorry for the thread bump, but does anyone have the problem that these parts are longer compared to their plastic parts?

I've just bought 4 covers for IXc and they're 1mm longer than the plastic?

Not really a drop fit replacement....

Yep, I and other members on here have found the same problem.