1/32 A-6E Intruder from VA-115

OK. Finished one of the mini-builds.

I decided to take a shot at some scratch building. First project was to make a couple 10L O2 Convertors. l used to have to fill these as part of my duties so I thought it'd be neat to include them. The A-6 carry 2 (EA-6B carry 3). Anyway after some quick searching, I was surprised to find the specs fairly easily. Here's what I wanted to make:

36280396576_55c2237585.jpgUntitled by Chris Coggon, on Flickr

I used some beads I found to serve as the LOX vessel. I used some plasticard to make the base. I used some wire to make the handle.

36304500765_7f7b08f6b9_c.jpgUntitled by Chris Coggon, on Flickr

36304500645_5c7e62bbca_c.jpgUntitled by Chris Coggon, on Flickr

36304505745_1c0502c758_c.jpgUntitled by Chris Coggon, on Flickr

36322860875_8c46f62193_c.jpgUntitled by Chris Coggon, on Flickr

and the finished product

36280342556_956f766f7d_c.jpgUntitled by Chris Coggon, on Flickr

Edited by Intruder503
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates. Not much bench time lately. And even when I do, I'm just doing boring detail stuff like eradicating the kit's detail in the main gear wells so I can do my own and blending seams here and there. Not really pic worthy I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Great subject 503 I'm an ntruder nut and a little bit jealous because I haven't had the pleasure of  building this kit yet . Glad to have you back in the hobby and you're doing a superb job.  

I never got to see an intruder in the flesh being in the UK . I did get to play with a prowler which was close...ish I suppose ? And her USMC crew were a lot of fun . Looking forward to seeing more as the build progresses ... happy modelling and ... Go Eagles ! ;)

• Thanks 1