Sherman Ic Firefly Hybrid - Dragon 1/35

Hi lads,

Finally finished another Sherman. I really enjoyed building this model. Now it's time to see what you think about it. 

9P6bsc9_yGGi195pDhvu20rSGuHPh9gS1U71_Ezx

lO6XUk9--yLEET5uqjHXZl5EK2Qbx2mVKi4-bBWQ

v0wzlvBA-f6zXjaziMiYsWE8sb0P6tdUnVEmL3XR

GpoHioasaYNUN-SqHfOX2XZqgz1X5h2nvrb9LdKK

1Z-n144IA0iLdByaS0al0eR74Xgtx_zfwrGp78uv

8CzNNsiAlUjyd3mYriEF6BvH4ZIthDMr2s2z6dnK

YkvuNYO6_pWXytGc0qpDwiP9lJC_IOemtmb_7t0b

Sm_N5vPTnf2ryFP3g9QAf1hX-YQYOLtbgPvu4ViU

sjB4lyzn7CTZC24SY-4Wsm03iA_wTSET4Cqfm-qv

duZ5XKDCdL6uaoAspkozc3tDtGNrzG4X3NXOIMnd

7WVzOwKLWjsx0xb3aGaMgrNi_1d9iyxB_t6k_byP

z6yHCT7nn7I2nfo20skXasdIdBJxXuQIdWBGWFkZ

j83rCZM2X2VkVddJ-1sZIlcriZYKyhRkoAGgRndv

• Like 25

Sherman is on of my favorites to,this is one hell of a build so enjoyed scanning over all you pics,the camo hanging off the tank is great and all the extra hardware around the tank as well,a masterful build,thanks for sharing.

Yes it is Black Dog. But barrel itself is a hybrid. Because was bend and had a several damages probably done by the blade in silicon form I've chopped front of it straight where the hessian tape is finished, fitted the fragment from Dragon one and add the muzzle brake cover from Panzer Art barrel. 

• Like 2

Good skills.  Is this the most recent Dragon kit (6228) or the older one?  I have the later one reserved to do an Argentine Reopotenciado conversion (eventually!), possibly with Israeli mine rollers.

It was a shame about the state of the gun barrel and the surgery necessary to fix it, but well done for making it right.  I've never had a good experience with resin gun barrels: they always seem to be distorted.  It would have been nice if BD could have moulded a resin piece to slip over an aluminium barrel, or even done a deal with their Czech neighbours at RB to mould an RB aluminium barrel into the resin.  Someone already does that with resin fume extractors moulded onto aluminium barrels: Voyager?  Panzer Art don't offer a barrel with their hessian-covered turret.

Thank you again. I was even thinking about to drill out the resin barrel and fit snide the hessian tape the metal one, but resin probably will won't survived. Idea of hessian sleeve would be greater. 

A superb job on the Firefly. A fantastic build with lovely painting/weathering. I shall have to go look at the WIP to answer quite a few questions I now have.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks again. 

You right Steve, they more likely to fell off. I will try some Tamiya tape, hope the effect be ok. 

Badder - if you will have any questions feel free to ask,

Very well finished, I especially love the hessian  mesh, a very inspired work, and finishing the sides of the helmet, I was really good, in addition to all the luggage, beautifully painted, :goodjob: (What technique / materials did you use? please...

Cheers Kris :D

4 hours ago, Kris B said:

Thanks again. 

You right Steve, they more likely to fell off. I will try some Tamiya tape, hope the effect be ok. 

Badder - if you will have any questions feel free to ask,

Kris, if you have access to a shop that sells items for model ships, get some of the string that they sell for rigging sailing ships. I use it and it works well. It just needs dipping in some diluted PVA glue and running between your fingers to get rid of the hairy appearance.

John.

• Like 1