F-14A Persian 'Cat

While the forum was flooded with beautiful Tamiya Tomcats I was finishing the Hobby Boss F-14A. Goal was to make a accurate Persian Tomcat, so the choice was the Hobby Boss one. Added with Eduard Sidewinder Niner Juliets to represent the Iranian operated Pappa's variant the job was done. Besides the Sidewinders some other Eduard add-ons were used, Aires exhausts, Wheelliant weighed wheels, and Hi-Decal, well, decals.

Hope you like!

OD_F-14_iran_26_full.jpg

OD_F-14_iran_02_full.jpg

OD_F-14_iran_04_full.jpg

OD_F-14_iran_13_full.jpg

OD_F-14_iran_11_full.jpg

• Like 69

Superb work great looking F-14  love the details , that first image is the real thing surely ??.....  :goodjob:

You are giving me the urge to do an Iranian F-14 that means getting another one :frantic:!!!

Guy

• Like 2

First picture taken at Grumman's Peconic River plant prior to delivery.

Most unusual thing just happened.  I posted this message several minutes ago not noting that I had been logged onto the site as "Kusti" from Finland.  I certainly didn't mean to post anything in his name and for a few moments was unsure as to how to regain my own identity.  Solution was to "log out" from the Kusti account and to log on under my name.  Apologies to Kusti if anything adverse has happened to his account as a result of this mix-up.  I have no idea how we became confused by the site's server.  Has anyone else ever experienced a similar problem with switched identities?   ejboyd5

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ejboyd5 said:

Most unusual thing just happened.  I posted this message several minutes ago not noting that I had been logged onto the site as "Kusti" from Finland.  I certainly didn't mean to post anything in his name and for a few moments was unsure as to how to regain my own identity.  Solution was to "log out" from the Kusti account and to log on under my name.  Apologies to Kusti if anything adverse has happened to his account as a result of this mix-up.  I have no idea how we became confused by the site's server.  Has anyone else ever experienced a similar problem with switched identities?   ejboyd5

Have a look into the "help" sub-forums . There were issues some time ago!

Nice build by the way!

• Like 1

On 5-7-2017 at 7:41 PM, Kusti said:

Nope, original picture was taken on 
Tehran, Mehrabad International in 2014😊

22 hours ago, Air-to-Air said:

Very nice build.

I clicked through to the website gallery, nice work all around the model, and in respect of the website.

Glad you liked it, that's why I made the site for.

Everybody else, thanks for the kind words m8's.

• Like 1

Stunning work and as has already been mentioned I also thought your first image was of the real aircraft.     Were you tempted at all to hang a HAWK SAM under the wing as the Iranian's have looked at to supplement the AIM-54?

• Like 1

Hello,MDman - I apologise for my somewhat tardy reply to this build.I love the 'Tomcat' and I love yours.

With greatest respects to the Navy schemes,the Persian scheme that you've so beautifully recreated here makes the type even more elegant. The quality and detail of the painting and finishing work speaks for itself.Magnificent work indeed.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

On 7-7-2017 at 3:41 PM, Des said:

Stunning work and as has already been mentioned I also thought your first image was of the real aircraft.     Were you tempted at all to hang a HAWK SAM under the wing as the Iranian's have looked at to supplement the AIM-54?

Oh yes, I was tempted by that huge Hawk, but in the end my goal was to build the most successful Tomcat with at least 11 kills.

3 hours ago, mcdonnell said:

Hello,MDman - I apologise for my somewhat tardy reply to this build.I love the 'Tomcat' and I love yours.

With greatest respects to the Navy schemes,the Persian scheme that you've so beautifully recreated here makes the type even more elegant. The quality and detail of the painting and finishing work speaks for itself.Magnificent work indeed.

😉👍 All the best,Paul.

No need to apologise Paul, thanks for the kind words.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...