1/48 & 172 - Percival Proctor Mk.I/II/III/V & Vega Gull by Dora Wings - 1/72 & 1/48 released - new boxing 1/48 Proctor I

Homebee

10 hours ago, KITCAT said:

No decals for Jean Battens a/c. Is there a reason for this?

Because Batten's aircraft was a Gull Six, not a Vega Gull.  The former has 3 seats and was given a wider fuselage seating 4 (along with an extended wing centre-section) to produce the Vega Gull.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In the neon strip lighting of my library the above book cover appears to be a Turquoise 'Green' colour but as photographed in post 229 by my Cannon digital in my sunny hallway, that it has a distinct Blue hue.

Today I photographed the same cover in my sunny garden and this is the result.

Now, I always understood the Percival House Colour to be exactly as in this picture with it's (to me) distinct Blue hue as on this Proctor, I photographed at Sywell many years ago.

This Proctor is still extant, but not airworthy and is, I believe, still in the same ownership and this gentleman is also a modeller and a customer of mine for many years.

IMG_2260_zpsir72vy6d.jpgG-AOGE_zpssz9orxvk.jpg

• Like 12

On 21/02/2019 at 10:04, John Aero said:

Thank you Roger, I've just received my 1:48 Vegas so i shall look for a suitable paint.

John

I think Tamiya TS-41 Coral Blue looks like a very good starting point, but being an aerosol requires decanting for airbrush use or modification.

https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/85041/index.htm

• Like 2

On 12/21/2017 at 12:21 PM, Dave Fleming said:

Not sure of the publication - the page numbering/Issue doesn't match Airfix Magazine so it might be Air Pictorial.

25329066978_47fa1f20f4_k.jpgIMG_2922 by David Fleming, on Flickr

I have a photo of this very aircraft Dave and have the Vega Gull kit winging its way to me to build it as this one. Do you reckon it was TSS on top or just EDSG? 

There was also a Proctor posted here on BM, based in Egypt in either white or silver with a lightning flash on the fuselage,..... if you remember it I`d be glad to hear your opinion into which colour it was? I cannot be sure between doped silver with polished metal wheel spats and cowlings,.... or whether the painted areas were white?

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tonyot said:

I have a photo of this very aircraft Dave and have the Vega Gull kit winging its way to me to build it as this one. Do you reckon it was TSS on top or just EDSG? 

There was also a Proctor posted here on BM, based in Egypt in either white or silver with a lightning flash on the fuselage,..... if you remember it I`d be glad to hear your opinion into which colour it was? I cannot be sure between doped silver with polished metal wheel spats and cowlings,.... or whether the painted areas were white?

Cheers,

Tony

I can convince myself I can see a camo pattern on the wing of X1032, but that might just be an artefact of the picture - would late 42 be too early for single colour uppers?

The Proctor I think is silver - that would also match the Magister in the same set of pics, which I think is taken at the same time at the other side of the hangar.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Dave Fleming said:

I can convince myself I can see a camo pattern on the wing of X1032, but that might just be an artefact of the picture - would late 42 be too early for single colour uppers?

The Proctor I think is silver - that would also match the Magister in the same set of pics, which I think is taken at the same time at the other side of the hangar.

Cheers Dave,...... the photo that I have is a bit clearer (I cannot share it as it is copyright watermarked) but it still isn`t clear,..... I will opt for TSS because as you say, 1942 is quite early for EDSG only and the Hudson`s wearing the very same scheme in the same area at the same time wore TSS too. I`m looking forward to getting started on it when the kit arrives. The roundel might be a problem to source,......hopefully I`ll have the correct rank pennant somewhere!

I also agree about the Proctor,....... but it is always nice to get a second opinion ffrom somebody who knows what he is talking about like yourself. 

Sorry about this,......but what colour do you think the flash is, comparing it to the roundel colours? 

All the best mate

Tony

9 hours ago, tonyot said:

Sorry about this,......but what colour do you think the flash is, comparing it to the roundel colours? 

Hmm, that's a tricky one - it seems lighter than both roundel shades, but pretty close to to both fin flash colors! Instinct says red, but either could be correct

• Like 1

I wonder if someone could please. I have just a

managed to purchase this excellent kit and would like start soonest, however looking through the instructions and in particular the instrument panel. The dials are on something in the instructions which is labelled 42 in a square box, where am I supposed to find this. Have the dials been missed off or have I just not seen where they are?

Yours confused Simon.

4 hours ago, sammy da fish said:

I wonder if someone could please. I have just a

managed to purchase this excellent kit and would like start soonest, however looking through the instructions and in particular the instrument panel. The dials are on something in the instructions which is labelled 42 in a square box, where am I supposed to find this. Have the dials been missed off or have I just not seen where they are?

Yours confused Simon.

They're printed on the acetate film bagged with the p/e parts. Pretty much standard practice with Czech/Eastern European kits....

17 hours ago, sammy da fish said:

Yes that might be so but it is not mentioned in the instructions nor can I find said instrument panel dials?

simon

?????.............They are shown at the bottom of the sprue map on the front of the instructions and installed in stage 2.....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sammy da fish said:

Yes that might be so but it is not mentioned in the instructions nor can I find said instrument panel dials?

simon

Hello,
What is your scale?

1/48  kit Number DW 48015. and no I cannot see any mention of the instrument panel in the parts layout and its is assembled together with all the other bits for the instrument panel in Stage 1. I am sure that I can easily make one from spare parts I just thought I was going bonkers. Bye the way each stage number is very difficult to read with most you can not read at all. 

Beautiful kit by the way, far superior to many other manufacturers.

On 3/5/2019 at 3:25 PM, dora said:

Yes you are right.
Indeed, in the set 48015 decal was missed with the dashboard.  :(
I just saw it now. I'll send you a file with a panel a little later.

Hello,
I also miss the dashboard in my set 48015.

Is it possible to send me one too?

S.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking around for a good match for that Pantone colour suggested earlier, which looks like this,

JWJt7P1.jpg

and I found a soviet cockpit blue-green that looks pretty good to me:

lD9sDyl.png

http://hataka-hobby.com/products/soviet-cockpit-blue-green/

I'm not familiar with the manufacturer, though.

EDIT: Ignore this; bought some, the actual paint colour is nothing like the sample.

Edited by Unkempt
Update
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...