1/48 & 172 - Percival Proctor Mk.I/II/III/V & Vega Gull by Dora Wings - 1/72 & 1/48 released - new boxing 1/48 Proctor I

Homebee

9 hours ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

Don't use fakebook (refuse to use it) so can anybody post the pictures here instead? Thanks

Jeff

You are welcome. :)  a7.jpg

a1.jpga2.jpga3.jpg

a4.jpga5.jpga6.jpg

a8.jpga9.jpga10.jpg

Test build.

DSC-0995.jpgDSC-1007.jpgDSC-0972.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 minutes ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

Thank you. I've got this one on pre-order and the 1/72 to pick up at Telford. Really looking forward to building these.

Jeff

I’ll bring a set to Telford. :)

Purchased the new boxing of the 1/72 Proctor III at Telford. I think the box art markings are correct for the aircraft post war, not 1942 as stated in the instructions. There is a side view photo on the net of this aircraft taken in 1950. Cant find a pic of the upper wings so "type B" or "type D" roundels may be equally valid. A good kit and looking forward to building it after my recently completed Vega Gull.

Cheers, Paul

• 3 weeks later...

A boxing recap

Source: link

1/72nd

- ref. DW72002 - Percival Vega Gull (civil registration)  - released

- ref. DW72003 - Percival Proctor Mk.1 (Czech markings) - released

- ref. DW72004 - Percival Vega Gull (military service) - released

- ref. DW72014 - Percival Proctor Mk.III - released

- ref. DW72017 - Percival Proctor Mk.III (civil registration) - release in 2019

- ref. DW72019 - Percival Proctor Mk.IV - release in 2019

- ref. DW72021 - Percival Proctor Mk.IV (civil registration) - release in 2019

72-Percival-2.jpg

72-Percival-1.jpg

1/48th

- ref. DW48005 - Percival P.10 Vega Gull (military service)  - released

- ref. DW48006 - Percival Proctor Mk.III - released

- ref. DW48015 - Percival P.10 Vega Gull (civil registration) - released

- ref. DW48016 - Percival Proctor Mk.III (civil registration) - release in 2019

- ref. DW48018 - Percival Proctor Mk.IV - release in 2019

- ref. DW48020 - Percival Proctor Mk.V - release in 2019

48-Percival.jpg

48-Proctor-5.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

In-box reviews in your favourite forum

- ref. DW48005 - Percival P.10 Vega Gull (military service)

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235049710-percival-p10-vega-gull-48005-148 dora-wings/

- ref. DW48006 - Percival Proctor Mk.III 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235049733-percival-proctor-mkiii-48006-148-dora-wings/

V.P.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I just receive my 1/48 VEGA GULL.

Really a beautifull kit, but no colors instruction? :wall:

Not a problem for the cockpit, but what paint ref for the turquoise blue fuselage of Beryl Markham plane?

And what cockpit modification for this plane? passager seat replaced by additionnal fuel tank, yes, but no photo(s) somewhere?

"...the airplane flown by Markham, carried two auxiliary fuel tanks in the passenger compartment, for a total capacity of 255 gallons (965.3 liters)."

https://www.thisdayinaviation.com/tag/percival-p-10-vega-gull/

S.

Edited by roadrunner

Do you mean that the cockpit colors are not given in the instructions, or are you simply missing instruction booklet in colors? Because the latter is only something recently introduced by ie Revell, and not industry standard. 

7 hours ago, roadrunner said:

Not a problem for the cockpit, but what paint ref for the turquoise blue fuselage of Beryl Markham plane?

I supplied Dora Wings with a Pantone reference for the Turquoise colour (PMS 3258), which they used to produce the wing registration decals. This is a good match for the original Titanine colour. It will have to be mixed as there is no model colour suitable AFAIK.  I told them about the fuselage fuel tank also, but the moulds had already been designed. You can see it in the crash-landing photo. The model already built by Dora Wings a few weeks ago in the 'Ready for Inspection' section here is a very good guide to the colour.

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:38 AM, roadrunner said:

Hello,

I just receive my 1/48 VEGA GULL.

Really a beautifull kit, but no colors instruction?

Way back in January 2018 there was a discussion here about the Percival Gull Six and in that thread the question came up about the exact shade of turquoise blue Percival used.

Percival used Titanine paints and I happen to have in my collection an original 1934 Titanine color chart with actual paint samples. I matched back then to this chart and here is what I posted at the time...

"I've matched my original 1935 Titanine 'Turquoise Blue-Shade No. TE 140' color chip to the US Federal Standards and the British Standards color chips. Here are the matches...

FS14272  -  A near perfect match.

BS14C37 Green  -  About 10-15% too dark, needs to be lightened for a close match.

Not being a current model builder I can't provide any modeling paint matches. Sorry."

Roger's suggested Pantone (PMS) match is a reminder that besides the usual FS, BA, and RAL charts modelers use they should also obtain a Pantone fan deck as it's very helpful and provides many more matches that the FS, etc. decks.

Being in the graphic arts most of my working life I actually prefer the PMS deck(s) when matching to my old color charts.

Tim

Edited by VH-USB
  • Thanks 1

Looking at Tim's colour matches above and Roger's Pantone  PMS 3258 match I can't reconcile these with FS14272.   If the Dust cover of the John Silvester, Percival and Hunting aircraft book is reckoned to be the correct Percival colour, then  the Pantone matches but my FSC 595B colour chip for FS 14272 does not match, as to me it is far too Green and too dark, but this is a nearer match to BS 14C37 Green. So I'm confused.

John Silvester was an artist and Technical illustrator for Percival and later Hunting's.

John

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Aero said:

Looking at Tim's colour matches above and Roger's Pantone  PMS 3258 match I can't reconcile these with FS14272.   If the Dust cover of the John Silvester, Percival and Hunting aircraft book is reckoned to be the correct Percival colour, then  the Pantone matches but my FSC 595B colour chip for FS 14272 does not match, as to me it is far too Green and too dark, but this is a nearer match to BS 14C37 Green. So I'm confused.

John Silvester was an artist and Technical illustrator for Percival and later Hunting's.

John

The Pantone chart is better for matching civil aircraft colours to imo, as it contains more suitable shades than FS and BS, which are primarily aimed at military/government uses.  I am quite happy with the match I supplied and even more so after seeing how Eugen's model here on BM turned out. Silvester's book cover and the Titanine colour are absolutely in the same ballpark, if not identical.

• Like 1