1/48 & 172 - Percival Proctor Mk.I/II/III/V & Vega Gull by Dora Wings - 1/72 & 1/48 released - new boxing 1/48 Proctor I

Homebee

hi ALL 😕

jezzzzz....just when I thought I would be buildin' a "simple " Civil A/C     hhhhhhh ! ☹️

Looks like trip over to Moorabbin to study Lord Casey's Aircraft

( yes, we DID have "Lords " in OZ !   ........ Abbott wants more g.g.m.s. ! )

cheery "modellin' " mumbas !

Geoff

🛩️☺️🐱🙂

Sorry to disapoint but that's not Lord Casey's aircraft, it's a mark one painted to look like a mark 4.It did not serve in the RAAF.

Pretty cool though.I'm thinking of using the Dora Wings kit to model it in that "museum" scheme.

cheers Rodney

8 hours ago, Kevin Callahan said:

The 1:72 civil Vega Gull has not yet appeared at the big H. Wonder what the delay is? 

I can not explain it.
From the moment the model came out, H. made two orders, but never ordered a civilian Vega.

14 hours ago, dora said:

I can not explain it.
From the moment the model came out, H. made two orders, but never ordered a civilian Vega.

Maybe that is the explanation: someone just bungled the order. With something the size of H's operation, that is going to happen on occasion. 

Have you shipped any to US retailers? 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, occa said:

You can't use the same red for everything, British war time roundel red is different for example.

A mistake that is repeated on by most decal makers

In decals, the correct colors will be used when printing, using the Panton color palette.
This is only a layout.

• Like 1

If these are standard roundels (and not some field applied special alterations), the proportions of the brit. roundels seem to be wrong: #5 the red dot is too small #6 the red dot is too large... Fin flashes #7 and 8 seem OK to me. #9 and 10 I do not dare to judge :-)

Also the star'n'bars seem to be wrong with the bar beeing too wide - compared to what prportions were defined at the time.

• Like 2

Just got myself the 72nd Proctor and on the lookout for the civvy version decal wise And the Vega Gull especially. Very much look forward to seeing thta one too.

On 17/10/2018 at 20:11, dora said:

Help needed.
Can someone say what colors are "Kiwi"?
Particularly interesting is the bird on the nose.
Thanks!

You will probably get a better response on the New Zealand civil aviation forum. I doubt anyone else would know the answer... 

http://rnzaf.proboards.com/board/18/zealands-civil-aviation-yesterday-today

Regards, Roger

• Thanks 1