Hawker Tempest Mk.V 1/72 Academy

I finished this model last night. It represents the plane on which Pierre Clostermann was flying. You know everything about the models, there are no problems for work, except for the decals that are terribly fat. I am pleased that it all turned out in the end. Here's the picture.

HAWKERTEMPESTMk.VAcademy_11.jpg

HAWKERTEMPESTMk.VAcademy_10.jpg

HAWKERTEMPESTMk.VAcademy_9.jpg

[HAWKERTEMPESTMk.VAcademy_8.jpg

HAWKERTEMPESTMk.VAcademy_7.jpg

HAWKERTEMPESTMk.VAcademy_6.jpg

HAWKERTEMPESTMk.VAcademy_4.jpg

HAWKERTEMPESTMk.VAcademy_2.jpg

HAWKERTEMPESTMk.VAcademy_12.jpg

• Like 20

Hi Jovac:

Congratulations for this wonderful build!!!

I was wondering if you have had encountered something difficult in the process with this bird, really look resplendent in this markings.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

One of the better model kits from this manufacturer!

You did a nice job, Jovac.

May I point out, there are aftermarket decals available from these sources:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PSL72273

http://www.mjwmodels.co.uk/x72094-172-hawker-tempest-mkii-and-mkv-decals-11-1596-p.asp

cheers,

Roman

• Like 2

Nice one, clean and sharp build. Academy decals are real headache.

Try to kill silvering next time with Tamiya liquid glue....it helps me in situations like this :)

Regards

On 7/4/2017 at 11:38 PM, Luis Alfonso said:

Hi Jovac:

Congratulations for this wonderful build!!!

I was wondering if you have had encountered something difficult in the process with this bird, really look resplendent in this markings.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

I'm glad you like my work on this model. In addition to the decals, I had no problem. The small problem is the setting up of a stock trap, because it is quite high, and the wheelholders are thin. Everything else goes smoothly and fits.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

One of the better model kits from this manufacturer!

You did a nice job, Jovac.

May I point out, there are aftermarket decals available from these sources:

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/PSL72273

http://www.mjwmodels.co.uk/x72094-172-hawker-tempest-mkii-and-mkv-decals-11-1596-p.asp

cheers,

Roman

Thank you for ordering the purchase of a decal. Unfortunately, at the moment, it is a little bit more difficult material situation, I am not able to buy anything related to the hobby, so I have to deal with the existing resources. I'm glad you like my work.
Edited by Jovac
Wrong language