Site access problem

I've not been able to access the forum all day via my home internet (plusnet) other sites seem ok but Britmodeller just times out

I'm using my phone on mobile data and that works but I'm at a loss as to why I can't get on via my home broadband 

Any help will be much appreciated

Pete

Can you guys give me a time period in BST please?  We were under attack from something last night at around late o'clock, but it may not have been the usual suspects.  We're looking into it, and I have an email from support to read that I don't feel mentally competent to read yet :wacko:

I tried to access BM between midnight and 0030 (BST) and kept getting a 500 Server Error. I tried again around 0045 when I was able to get onto the site okay. I have only tried to logon once since and as can be seen, it was successful.

Dave

I suspect we were having a period of "heavy traffic", caused by something or other that may or may not be more of the usual :poop:

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

I suspect we were having a period of "heavy traffic", caused by something or other that may or may not be more of the usual :poop:

Errrr I was messing around with my profile about that time  so ..............................................................:rage:  :hmmm:

Hi Mike  and thanks for getting back to me

I tried yesterday morning at around nine and still having the problem now. I've tried different browsers and devices but no joy other than via mobile internet

Pete

Try rebooting your router and PC before we go any further, but if it persists, please do the following:

Can you PM me your IP address please Pete?  If you don't know how to find that, Google "What's my IP address" from the affected device, and let me have the number that's similar to 194.34.201.44 (i.e. four numbers less than 255 separated by full stops).  I'll check to ensure you've not been caught up in the last lot of IP blocks :)

Same goes for anyone else that is reliably failing to get in on their usual NON-MOBILE connection.

• Like 1

I've just dropped you a PM Pete, so look out for a notification.  It's all in the box of horizontal lines at the top right.  That's the new symbol for "menu" according to current page design.  Click in there, choose the envelope shaped icon and tap away :)

• Like 1

Well thanks to Mike's help I'm back :D 

I'm glad to be typing on my iPad as the phone was tricky with my meat hooks and me old mincers aren't what they were either so the little screen was a challenge too

cheers again Mike

Pete

:smartass: Occasionally real people get swept up in the IP banning that has to happen whenever we get attacked, so if there's anyone you know that can't access the site from home, but is fine on their mobile, they might have been "got".  Tell them to contact me (somehow) and we'll get them sorted :)