OV-10E Bronco 1/72 - Venezuela

To view my build please click on the links below - I don't use photo sharing sites.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0YTyzb37wqFSmRRZTBNdldubXRzLWJYOWZqSS1aUFZDblFn

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0YTyzb37wqFZGpPclRpLURxS09fSW96WlF0bUN6UmI3RC1v

The kit is built straight out of the box, I used the Kits World 1/72 OV-10 Bronco decal sheet, I lost the lettering and numbers - They curled and tore on removal from backing sheet, so had to make my own decal replacements.  The canopy was probably the most difficult part of an otherwise and enjoyable build.  Comments appreciated and any help as to how to prevent my decal disaster welcome.

• Like 3

Looks great ... but those images are on a photo sharing site.   Unless you plan to take them down in the next week  or so, just copy image location from there, and paste here, like so:

LxA_Le8BvHJHBH7rua0fvNOxk4QXwSn5CennvVoh

4UC6GjKWymHgpRpznJBVd305EK7Z9GiPMHwGFWBb

-------------------------------

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG
  • Like 1

Thanks Steve.

I'm not familiar with google drive, but the link image did work.  I did notice my gmail account was open when visiting the linked page, so I logged out of that email, and came back here, refreshed the page and the image was replaced with some gogally goop - but was able to link photo again?

regards,

Jack

Edited by JackG

I used to use Google photos to host the images I wanted to link to on here and it worked well for ages. Google then changed something, as they constantly do, a couple of years ago and it stopped working. There's nothing wrong with inserting the links as you've done but some people are hesitant to click on them as there's always the possibility of it going to somewhere you don't want to be! Make sure you understand the sharing options as you don't want the whole world to have access to everything you've got in Drive. Also it's more convenient to have the images inline with your text, you're more likely to get people commenting on/Liking your posts if they can see the images easily. I moved to Photobucket after the hosting with Google stopped working so I'm looking for another method. Most of the image hosts don't allow you to link directly to your images, check the terms and conditions, as they want you to go to one of their webpages so you see all the adverts.

The links to images on Google do seem to change so that might be why you could see them until you refreshed the page. I use a lot of the Google apps at work and some parts are brilliant whilst others are a real pain. They do listen to feedback though and we are currently testing some new features that may find their way into Google Drive.

Steve

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BritJet said:

I used to use Google photos to host the images I wanted to link to on here and it worked well for ages. Google then changed something, as they constantly do, a couple of years ago and it stopped working. There's nothing wrong with inserting the links as you've done but some people are hesitant to click on them as there's always the possibility of it going to somewhere you don't want to be! Make sure you understand the sharing options as you don't want the whole world to have access to everything you've got in Drive. Also it's more convenient to have the images inline with your text, you're more likely to get people commenting on/Liking your posts if they can see the images easily. I moved to Photobucket after the hosting with Google stopped working so I'm looking for another method. Most of the image hosts don't allow you to link directly to your images, check the terms and conditions, as they want you to go to one of their webpages so you see all the adverts.

The links to images on Google do seem to change so that might be why you could see them until you refreshed the page. I use a lot of the Google apps at work and some parts are brilliant whilst others are a real pain. They do listen to feedback though and we are currently testing some new features that may find their way into Google Drive.

Steve

Hi Steve, thank you very much for your reply regarding my question, I understand a bit more about Google photos now and will take note of your advice, I have some free time at the moment and will investigate things further, best regards Colin.