Nice build and finish !  Don't think this has been posted before on here, well done and thank you for sharing.  I too have one in the stash was saving it to build in either Austrian of Finnish colors.

• Like 2

Great model. Not often seen in Danish markings (although they never operated in Denmark). The designation should be B 17C though (without the dash), the B-17 was known in Sweden as the Flying Fortress.

Nils

Very nice indeed,.....saw a real one in Denmark last year and must build one myself in these colours,

Image result for denmark saab b17

Cheers

Tony

• Like 4

• 3 years later...

The Danish SAAB 17 is not a C version, it is an A. However, it is painted as a C aircraft from the Danish Brigade in Sweden, May 5 1945. The 15 aircraft of the Brigade never entered Danish skies, because the Danish government did not want this to happen. The very disappointed pilots, who had been training intensively to participate in the liberation of Denmark, had to go home by train! The museum plane was one of the last of the B 17 civil target tugs operated by AVIA at Visby, Gotland, and it was registered as SE-BWC. After being phased out, the overall yellow target tug was rebuild as the original B 17 A, and painted in the colors of the Danish Brigade, and later presented to the Royal Danish Aeroclub as a museum plane. At first, the aircraft was exhibited at Egeskov Castle for many years. Now it is hanging in the Danish Technical Museum at Elsinore. There are some obvious errors, compared to the B 17 C of the Danish Brigade: The engine should be a Piaggio with two intakes on top of the cowling. The propeller blades are broader, and the engine is left running. The propeller has no spinner, and the tips should be yellow. The shown tips, white with a red stripe, are the colors of Svensk Flygtjänst! There is certainly not a Pratt & Whitney emblem on the cowling. The frontring of the cowling is light blue gray on the underside. The national markings should be placed closer to the wing tips, about half a roundel. 

Another target tug B 17 SE-BYH was restored to flying condition in the beginning of this century, and flies as blue Johan of the F 7 Wing. I have seen this plane in the air in 2006 at Roskilde Airshow, and it was a pleasure to watch the Swedish Stuka being flown by a veteran pilot, who knew how to handle the aircraft as a dive bomber. 

I have modeled the B 17 C of the Danish Brigade and a B 17 A target tug, the SE-BYH, both from Marivox kits scale 1/72. The kit is very recommendable because of the many options, 5 versions of the aircraft and 12 decal options!

Torben Plesberg, Denmark

"Nymfen"

• Thanks 1