The Bogue, also available as HMS Tracker, is a smaller vessel than the Casablanca class.

Loose Cannon, a US resin company, make a 1/700 LSM(R) in a set with an LCI.  I don't know the class numbers either, as far as whether it will be right for you.  Loose Cannon was a partnership that split up, I'm not sure which partner got which moulds, but I gather some at least are still available.  You might get more information on Modelwarships.com - especially if you post a request.

• Thanks 1

Great photos; the first two are definitely Ark Royal, and she's in Gibraltar, not Malta; the dockyard buildings in the background are very distinctive and are still there (or rather were when I last visited 25 years ago!)  I think the apparent damage to the bow is scrapes on the paint rather than anything more sinister - I am certainly not aware that she ever had a collision with anything, and anyway it's on the port side of the bow rather than the forepeak itself.

However, for anyone modelling Ark, as I am, pics like that are gold dust for the extremely eroded / weathered paint job if nothing else.  Fab

• Thanks 1

Hi,

That can depend on the type of camouflage scheme employed. CAFO 679/42 in 1942 only gave specific instructions for hand railing stanchions for Western Approaches type designs, where white was prescribed.

CB3098(R) in May 1943 extended that instruction for all light type camouflage schemes which encompasses Admiralty Light type schemes and Intermediate types (mean tones from 20% Light Reflectance Value up to 65% Light Reflectance Value).

For darker designs, I'd expect to see the stanchions painted approximately to match the background paint.

• Thanks 1

On 03/11/2020 at 16:09, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Great photos; the first two are definitely Ark Royal, and she's in Gibraltar, not Malta; the dockyard buildings in the background are very distinctive and are still there (or rather were when I last visited 25 years ago!)  

Still there in August 2018 though much of the rest of Gib is unrecognisable.  Fortunately Biancas is still there down by North Front!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1