Female Lieutenant 1942

JackG

Thank you Robert and Peter.

I've been using two types of putty and they are both two parts that have to be kneaded together.  Kneadatite (also known as Green Stuff or Blue/Yellow) and Apoxie Sculpt.

Duro%20Stick.gif                p7082bsb.jpg

The first one is great for holding fine detail, and can be flattened quite thin and won't tear.   You can see sections in the sculpt that are quite dark and rich green in colour - this is straight Green Stuff putty.  For areas that I know will need sanding afterwards, I mix both brands together 50/50, and those areas appear light green on the sculpt.

I've also applied Mr.Dissolved putty to fill little holes and cracks, smooth out surfaces, and also build up small details.

$_1.JPG

regards,

Jack

• Like 2

Cloth areas now painted, base colour being Vallejo's 70880 Khaki grey:

36195411404_07a6efd3f4_b.jpg

The star cockade and and 'cubes' on the the rank tabs are details printed on photo paper.  Once trimmed, the edges were painted an appropriate colour simulating brass.   The whole bust awaits a coat of a flat to rid of the sheen overall.

In the background I've included the original box art to compare how much the face changed with a few small layers of putty on the cheeks and jawline. 

regards,

Jack

• Like 5

Viscose hair is now on, applied as long tufts around her head and also under the cap:

36276933044_71833932b2_b.jpg

Now just need to gather it at the back, a section on each side, and then snip that off and attach the braids - hope it works as not much time left to tinker with it. 

regards,

Jack

• Like 2

Thank you Gorby, Peter, and John.

Finished photos are up in the GB gallery, but I'd like to touch up a few things (like a few pieces of hair stuck on her neck) before a proper posting in the figure section.

I didn't take much in the way of progress pics for the hair.  Mainly because of time constraints, but also wasn't sure how things would turn out as I winging it with the viscose hair product.  Below is a shot of how I set up the braiding step - definitely not something you'd see at a hair stylist shop:

36334713933_3ac983643d_b.jpg

A C-clamp holds the three strands together (already glued at that end) while a pipe wrench holds it all and provides some weighted resistance as it requires both hands free to do the braiding. 

36334708903_6c563ec6f7_b.jpg

regards,

Jack

• Like 3