1/72 High Planes Mirage IIIO RAAF

Mr B

Hi folks

i will support this gb with a small mirage. Thanks to our wonderful host....i got some decals as opposed to the drab greys in the box. Will start soon

zIJvwez.jpg

Czw3RiL.jpg

rgds

brian

• Like 6

Brian,

Welcome to the GB.

Australian Mirages are proving to be the most popular subjects in this GB, but given the range of colour schemes available, quite understandable!

We look forward to you starting.

Thanks a lot for the welcome......wez

i aim to start the next sitting on the bench.......hopefully within this week.....

yes many australian versions for this g/b......hope to do my rendition justice.....

best reagrds

Hi folks

just a small update. Got some cockpit work done. Man i forgot how small 1/72 is...my giant paws found it hard to paint the harness .....the plus side its faster to finish assemblies 

gCf57aP.jpg

rfhROId.jpg

KS1jwxV.jpg

looks like a nice kit clever design so far...only the lines a bit deep in my opinion

rgds

mr b

• Like 4

Nice start Brian, do you have the original release of this kit, it had the deeper lines. I have a few of these and will put up with them. Perhaps sanding the external surfaces will help though I have heard priming also helps to reduce the depth.

Cheers Ray

No I do not have the original release....seldom buy 1/72 for the past few years now, this was a good deal at the local hobby shop hence me taking the plunge plus it was a Mirage with Australian options :) ...thanks for the suggestions and I will see how it goes..............primer looks like an option..............

best regards

brian

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Mountain goat said:

Nice work - following with interest. Any ideas as to which Squadron?

Jay

Thanks Jay

Its going to be a 3 SQN bird with the blue painted rudder ....based out in Butterworth.....Malaysia......

Cheers

• Like 1

Cheers Ray

going quite well but i lost the fin leading edge....will need to imprevise on that

progress

jgjrKVE.jpg

Panel is sorted. One of the best decal and size for a panel. Just sat in place

6xMQvvJ.jpg

Rear section all done up just for the missing part. Next will be the wings and mating session

rgds all

brian

• Like 2

Brian,

I'm taking notes on this, the fin certainly needs a lot of filler at the base but I'm surprised at the amount of filler required in the rest of the kit.

I'd started painting the IP, quite forgot that there may be a decal...

Cheers Guys

Wez

It is actually not that bad ....as the pic was taken right after a wet sanding session so there is residue all over the place.......but the fit is not shake and bake either..........is a mix bag so far........no modelling time today ......out with the mates ............so next sitting as eariler mentioned should see a complete airframe..........thanks ....

Jay

I too wanted to paint the panel.........but with my eyes and ham fists .....it would have not been a pretty sight.........

Best Regards

Brian

Thanks man - much appericated

got most of it together now.....the current state of affairs. Sqn Decals as kindly donated by Enzo has also arrived. Next update should see her with some paint on

aNwr1Ww.jpg

PQMk5oO.jpg

LHLZlmA.jpg

zAqVb4P.jpg

piggy back on a russian freind 

rgds n happy modelling guys

• Like 3

Hi Brian,

Lots of stuff to look at..! A true artist's workplace for one, a giant Fulcrum and the lovely looking Mirage. Must say shape-wise the model looks very authentic. 

Jay

Cheers Jay

thanks for looking in mate.Yes alot of things going on....glad you approve on the mirage and my work bench as well 😁😁😁 artist lol ....

meeting up the family this evening and will

collect the sexy two seater which has already arrived from hong king  and most likely throw it into the mix as well

best regards and have a great week ahead

brian

• Like 1

Mr B, you are making great progress with the Mirage, I'm at the stage I need to throw some filler at mine, I'm not so worried now I've seen just how much you've used!  Keep up the good work and please do bring us the IIID!

21 hours ago, Mr B said:

Cheers Jay

thanks for looking in mate.Yes alot of things going on....glad you approve on the mirage and my work bench as well 😁😁😁 artist lol ....

meeting up the family this evening and will

collect the sexy two seater which has already arrived from hong king  and most likely throw it into the mix as well

best regards and have a great week ahead

brian

Cheers, you too - If the two seater is going to join -very much looking forward to that!

Jay

Cheers jay

guys could not progress to paint yet. I forgot some vital parts underside n the canopy...well its ready now....

gHsoeaX.jpg

nxZ8HqT.jpg

nice wash down n fine sand n onto the paint process. Does anyone know the roo markings from the box is it translucent and would a white backgroud. Thanks

brian

• Like 1

Brian,

The decals are good, Wilks is a member here and on the Aussie Modeller Forums who has built around 10 of the High Planes kits and he has reported no issues with the decals being translucent. Unfortunately, the Photobucket saga has blocked all his pictures.

Here is one of his High Planes builds from Facebook

11218213_10208099016490376_8365481337798

• Like 4