1/32 Wingnut Wings Sopwith 2F.1 Ships Camel

G'day All,

I'm calling this one as of now done. It's my take on the aircraft "flung" off HMAS Sydney between July - October 1918.

Built OOB and rigged with Ez-Line. It's my third WNW kit.

I experienced a bit of trouble with the decals cracking but other than that, any other dramas were of my own making.biggrin.gif

Apologies for the picture quality....one day I'll learn to take better ones....and today isn't it!
beer4.gif
Devo
P.S. Rigging that little bullet fairing in the last pic was.......interestingfaint.gif

DSC02096_zpss4gcwpkd.jpg

DSC02100_zpsmjtgjsyh.jpg

DSC02101_zps1jwvqymg.jpg

DSC02104_zpsfzp1w8fb.jpg

DSC02102_zpsrdht0hup.jpg

• Like 26

46 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

That is a little beauty! I really must start my Wingnut Snipe! 

Thanks! My next one on the bench is the WNW Early Snipe.

27 minutes ago, spruecutter said:

Beautifully done - what shade did you use for the camouflage?

Presumably the P&P charges from NZ to Oz are reasonable or did you buy the kit in Australia?

Cheers

Richard C

Thanks Richard. I used Humbrol 98 for the PC12 and Humbrol 121 for the CDL. Applied with the hairy stick, as per my ops normal.

This was the kit I pre-ordered through WETA. All up it was $128.39 AUD,( the postage from NZ was $25.46)

Cheers,

Devo

33 minutes ago, mick said:

great work

Cheers Mick!

That looks superb Devo. I have the same kit waiting for me to build. I hope mine turns out as good as yours. Regards, Joe. 

• Like 1

Lovely, lovely build. Always get a thrill when I see a Wingnut Wings thread.

Pictures look great to me, love the last head on shot. 

Have this in my stash and have sat thinking about the bullet rigging for ages and have come to the conclusion that witchcraft is the only way to go. 

All the best, Martin

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fatboydim said:

That looks superb Devo. I have the same kit waiting for me to build. I hope mine turns out as good as yours. Regards, Joe. 

Thanks Joe.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Martin Ford said:

Lovely, lovely build. Always get a thrill when I see a Wingnut Wings thread.

Pictures look great to me, love the last head on shot. 

Have this in my stash and have sat thinking about the bullet rigging for ages and have come to the conclusion that witchcraft is the only way to go. 

All the best, Martin

Thanks Martin.

Fellow BM'er, Beardie passed on his advice to me when I asked about rigging the bullet and I went from there. No need to resort to VooDoo.:lol:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Devo said:

Thanks Martin.

Fellow BM'er, Beardie passed on his advice to me when I asked about rigging the bullet and I went from there. No need to resort to VooDoo.:lol:

Hi mate, yes Beardie has helped me once or twice with advice.

Have you made any other Wingnut kits? I have the Sopwith Camel and a late FE2b but as of yet haven't started them. One day. 

Martin

• Like 1

Lovely result Devo, that 'bullet' was a big worry on mine, but turned out not to be so hard to do.

Whats's next on the workbench?

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Nice one, Devo well done, sir!

I've also got this one in my stash to build at some point ..............

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Martin Ford said:

Hi mate, yes Beardie has helped me once or twice with advice.

Have you made any other Wingnut kits? I have the Sopwith Camel and a late FE2b but as of yet haven't started them. One day. 

Martin

G'day Martin, I have built the WnW Albatros DV and SE.5a "Hisso".

I have a F2B Brisfit and BR1 Camel in the stash and on the workbench now is a Sopwith Snipe (early).

If I win the lotto I'll buy all the Wnw kits!!:lol:

Cheers,

Devo

9 hours ago, Epeeman said:

Nice one, Devo well done, sir!

I've also got this one in my stash to build at some point ..............

Regards

Dave

Thanks Dave!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Viking said:

Lovely result Devo, that 'bullet' was a big worry on mine, but turned out not to be so hard to do.

Whats's next on the workbench?

Cheers

John

Thanks John, yeah once I got a bit of advice on the bullet and had my plan of attack, it turned out OK.

The Sopwith Snipe(early) has been pulled from the stash and is on the workbench. Will be done up as 4 Sqn AFC(no surprise there:lol:)

Cheers,

Devo

Edited by Devo

17 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Great build.

The more WNW kits I see the more I want one.

Pete

Thanks Pete.

Get one and have a crack, you will like them. I was never interested in building WW1 aircraft until WnW flashed up.

Cheers,

Devo

• Like 1

As many have said Devo it is a superb model :thumbsup: despite your trials with it. I think I will have to add a Ships' Camel to my stash after all :hmmm: like I need an excuse :whistle:

Currently I am putting together a WnW D.Va (OAW) kit but, partway through I realised that the aircraft I am doing (Helmut Diltheys' Saxon Jasta 40 green and white stripy machine) is actually a D.Va built by the parent Albatros works. Still yet another beautifully engineered WnW kit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Beardie said:

As many have said Devo it is a superb model :thumbsup: despite your trials with it. I think I will have to add a Ships' Camel to my stash after all :hmmm: like I need an excuse :whistle:

Currently I am putting together a WnW D.Va (OAW) kit but, partway through I realised that the aircraft I am doing (Helmut Diltheys' Saxon Jasta 40 green and white stripy machine) is actually a D.Va built by the parent Albatros works. Still yet another beautifully engineered WnW kit.

Thanks Beardie!

I look forward to seeing your D.Va. I've got the early Snipe on the bench now.

The Snipe is another great kit and goes together beautifully. One thing I missed was that you should paint the lower wing before attaching it as it is overhung by the fuselage sides which I only realised after I had fitted it meaning I had to try and get under the edge of the fuselage to paint the wing. My fault not the kits.

• Like 1