1989 Tyrrell 018

Finished this one today. 1/43rd Tameo 1989 Tyrrell Cosworth 018 as driven by Jean Alesi at GP Giappone. Built box stock except for mirrors and belts, which some previous owner must have robbed.

I made the mirrors from a bit of white metal sprue from the kit. I robbed the belt photo etch from a BBR F-1 kit (they came with enough for two) and made the belts from the foil on top of a tub of Philadelphia cream cheese. Painted with Tamiya Camel Yellow and Tyrrell Blue with two part urethane clear.

There where some fit issues as well as some decal issues. Had to modify all the front wing decals as they where too large to fit. Some of the main body decals where close to being too big but I made them work. The front wing element and end plates had to be modified to fit. Some of the suspension elements needed modifying as well. I chalk this all up to it being a fairly early effort for Tameo. I know the newer kits I've built where better engineered.

All in all I enjoyed the build and am pleased with the result.

1/43 Tameo 1989 Tyrrell 018 Alesi

1/43 Tameo 1989 Tyrrell 018 Alesi1/43 Tameo 1989 Tyrrell 018 Alesi1/43 Tameo 1989 Tyrrell 018 Alesi1/43 Tameo 1989 Tyrrell 018 Alesi1/43 Tameo 1989 Tyrrell 018 Alesi1/43 Tameo 1989 Tyrrell 018 Alesi1/43 Tameo 1989 Tyrrell 018 Alesi

• Like 11