French Blowtorch 1/48

Usually these are three things I stay away from,but recently I have had problems with my hand and find gripping small parts almost impossible.So bye bye to the gentlemans scale.:worry:This model was given to me by a fellow  club member so despite my usual rule it got built.:swear:I normally make one or two mistakes  per model and if they are bad the model gets recycled via the wall and the bin.:lol:As this one was a gift it survived.As I did not have the right blue,I mixed some paint together to get a shade I liked,mistake 1, did not mix enough and for the life if me could not mix it a second time:banghead:Thats why there are patches of a different blue on the model.Second mistake,when taking photos I managed to break off the undercarrige doors:chair:if this was not a gift it would been thrown against the wall pretty sharpish.Anyway its finished,not my best work by a long way,but in my defense its only the second 1/48 aircraft I have built since my hand problem.:shrug:As is my usual all paints were acrylic and slapped on by hairy stick.BTW, the aircraft is missing its pylons and weapons because they are being used for a what if project for a club comp.

m3_zpsrvu8v7ii.jpg

m2_zpsdiddgoow.jpg

m1_zpsvho69njh.jpg

• Like 17

Hello Celt,

I think that your Mirage is not as bad as you describe it!

Just a little question: how many model did you threw against the wall, or in the bin ?

I think modelling should be the art of building models and not destroying them.

But that's only MY opinion.

Have a good day. Polo.:lol:

• Like 2

I think it looks great.  Love the Mirage III anyway but you've done a terrific job.  As for the colour, the only bit I see that is different is forward of the jet pipe but surely this section would have been removed from time to time for maintenance and maybe resprayed.  Looks like the paint is just newer than the rest of the airframe.  

Anyway, sorry to hear about your hand issues but keep the faith.

P.S.  I have launched two kits against the wall in my time.  One was the Frog Blackburn Shark which was really my fault for painting the struts before assembly and wondering why they didn't stick.  The other was a Roden Fokker DVII which had some appalling fit issues.  I'd spent ages applying some beautiful Lozenge decals as well! (not their own ones, which are terrible). Currently building the MPM Sea Vixen which is on very shaky ground with some of the worst parts fit I think I've ever come across. 

Edited by Meatbox8
grammar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, polo1112 said:

Hello Celt,

I think that your Mirage is not as bad as you describe it!

Just a little question: how many model did you threw against the wall, or in the bin ?

I think modelling should be the art of building models and not destroying them.

But that's only MY opinion.

Have a good day. Polo.:lol:

Hi Polo,I have thrown quite a few models against the wall,my completion rate is one in three.:oSo by my maths that's a lot of plastic that's ended up in local council recycling bin.:(

6 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

I think it looks great.  Love the Mirage III anyway but you've done a terrific job.  As for the colour, the only bit I see that is different is forward of the jet pipe but surely this section would have been removed from time to time for maintenance and maybe resprayed.  Looks like the paint is just newer than the rest of the airframe.  

Anyway, sorry to hear about your hand issues but keep the faith.

P.S.  I have launched two kits against the wall in my time.  One was the Frog Blackburn Shark which was really my fault for painting the struts before assembly and wondering why they didn't stick.  The other was a Roden Fokker DVII which had some appalling fit issues.  I'd spent ages applying some beautiful Lozenge decals as well! (not their own ones, which are terrible). Currently building the MPM Sea Vixen which is on very shaky ground with some of the worst parts fit I think I've ever come across. 

Hi Meatbox8,thanks for the kind words,much appreciated.

2 hours ago, SoftScience said:

Hey Celt. Nice to see you decided to not leave modeling after all. 

Hi SoftScience,I can not do small parts anymore,due to loss of feeling in my hand,so now I do simple models with little or no small parts.Fortunately for me there are a lot of easy kits and snap fit kits in my LMS,failing that I can always do, so called  classic kits.:lol:The Mirage was a real struggle for me,but as it was a gift from DrEvil,I done my utmost to complete it.

• Like 1