Multi MiG Mayhem...🇺🇦 Ukrainian 29...

Valkyrie

Nice pair mate....

I like the blue camo scheme.............never used Akah ?? paints before how are they ?

Are they acrylic ?

You are well on your way and hope to see them in the gallery soon as mentioned a nice pair

rgds

mr b

12 hours ago, Mr B said:

Nice pair mate....

I like the blue camo scheme.............never used Akah ?? paints before how are they ?

Are they acrylic ?

You are well on your way and hope to see them in the gallery soon as mentioned a nice pair

rgds

mr b

Thanks MrB! I'm still a brush painter but these go on brilliantly silky smooth nice and thin and self even out for no marks. The colours are taken from actual Russian paint archive and/or manufacturer so in the main super accurate. Dries to a semi gloss finish. I love them. Down sides...hard to get, it's quite a small bottle, quite pricey at £3 a bottle or £17.99 for a specific set, but I feel it's worth it. They are pretty fragile too until you get a varnish on top. There are faded versions as well as factory new too which especially for the Russian Eastern European stuff is handy for me as I can't fade or mix paint yet. I'd say if you were proper into Russian stuff they are worth it and as they are extending the range into other fields I'd probably look to get more of these. Check out Coastal Craft who import these from Russia and Finland and their website is pretty good. They have a catalogue which covers most of the range they do but I've phoned the chap Martin and he is super helpful. I'm about to order the 2 Ukrainian sets plus their metals range to play about with my exhausts. Oh, yes they are acrylic. Now you say it these two would look good displayed together, I think I might need to build actual 30 from the photo now. Thanks for commenting too

Edited by Valkyrie

• 1 month later...

Just got gear doors and weapons to pick, paint and fit then the odd touch up. Here is how she looks on the tarmac next to her big cousin. I think a panel wash to pick out the panel lines?

IMG_6016

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

they look good together, a panel wash would certainly bring out the details.

Right, I'm going to do it then, Thanks! Wish me luck...

12 hours ago, trickyrich said:

not too bad at all, you could almost give it second go with the panel lines. But it does help to break up the larger areas of solid colour, god job.

Cheers Rich, do I do another gloss over before another panel line shot? Cheers 

no you can do it straight over the last one. Not sure how you go about removing the wash. But for me, I use acrylic clear coats, so once the wash has dried I just use some soft paper towel dampen with a little enamel thinners and llearfully wipe it off. If the clear coats were enamel then use a little acrylic. Using the same thinner as used to thin the clear.....is bad!

• Thanks 1

Followed your advice Rich...

IMG_6040IMG_6043

Lighting is rubbish but I think it looks brilliant with the second wash. On schedule but I was finishing the clean up watching the Shaktar Donestk game and the radome prob has vanished..no chance of a replacement by deadline il need to see what I have lying about. I keep forgetting to remember...make the probe the last thing I do

• Like 3

It certainly looks better after the second wash. Whenever I apply a wash (which is hardly ever) I also have a similar issue like your first attempt and also find it under decals even after 2 coats of Klear. Well done look forward to this build being finished.

• Like 1

Thanks jabba I think practise does help. Though still making rough models compared to the art of some on here, I do see improvement ever so slightly the more I try. Should make the line 

Nicely done!!!! Well done, she's finished and she looks great!! :thumbsup:

I'm glad you're getting the hang of doing washes, it's quite amazing that for something as basic as a panel wash can bring a model to life, well done on a new skill learnt. As you challenge yourself an try new things you've seen other do you'll notice a huge change in the quality of the models you build. Don't be afraid to try new things out.

Hopefully you enjoyed the build, you managed to do what a lot of us couldn't and that's complete the build, again well done.

• Thanks 1

I was afraid to do the panel wash but yes encouraged to attempt it given step by step instruction which from this GB I will be able to add to my models from now. Invaluable as it really does improve the model! Thank you so much for teaching me this lesson! Great GB so many MiGs! Loved it 

2 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

I was afraid to do the panel wash but yes encouraged to attempt it given step by step instruction which from this GB I will be able to add to my models from now. Invaluable as it really does improve the model! Thank you so much for teaching me this lesson! Great GB so many MiGs! Loved it 

I'd recommend a clay based wash, you can't go wrong with them. If it doesn't look right you can clean it all off and start again and when it looks right it can transform a model. Flory Models Washes have a good range of colours and are very versatile.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Muzz said:

I'd recommend a clay based wash, you can't go wrong with them. If it doesn't look right you can clean it all off and start again and when it looks right it can transform a model. Flory Models Washes have a good range of colours and are very versatile.

Iv never even heard of a clay wash but that wipe off and start again sounds like a good practice for me. I might try getn a couple a dark n a lighter one 

thanks for the tip mate! 

• Like 1

Looks good mate keep it up! 

I like the roundels, makes me want to build something ukrainian...

ps clay type washes are a tad safer, but still need to be applied to a gloss surface ideally so they wipe off easily and don’t ‘stain’ the surrounding paint 👍🏿