Hi all, continuing my interest in converting military vehicles into recovery trucks and wreckers, (Matador BRS recovery and Diamond T wrecker in 1/35th scale), I looked at the Airfix refueller and thought it would make a nice early post war recovery truck. The model is as per the kit for the cab and chassis, with a plastic card body. The Harvey Frost type crane was also scratch built using evergreen products, and was to date the most difficult I have made due to the scale. The decals are home made and white horse is hand painted with a fine brush and mapping pen, using white drawing ink. The white horse itself is the one on the Berkshire downs at Uffington, near Wantage. There was a white horse garage locally but they did not have a recovery truck. The floor of the base is cork, and the wall is a thin piece of plywood, sandwiched between sheets of brick pattern plastic card. The clutter by the wall is typical garage, somewhere to junk the exhaust pipes and other bits. I have also made a Bedford light recovery from the Airfix kit

Thanks for looking.

008_zpsackefssp.jpg007_zpswac5l4yn.jpg003_zpsab5nsaqt.jpg001_zps3vml872t.jpg004_zpskklhzloe.jpg002_zps1wexqsou.jpg006_zpst8ja8opt.jpg

• Like 25

I have four Albions sat in the stash - don't ask...

These conversions are most inspiring - must give it a go - when my skills have improved - thanks for sharing - great job :goodjob:

Thank you all for looking and replying, when I have some time I have some more conversions to put, a couple more wreckers and an ice cream van. By reply to sprucecutter (Richard C), I doubt I will make it to Telford this year. However you could always come to our club show, they and lots more will be there.

Its Abingdon IPMS show on Saturday 30th September, at Larkmead School, Faringdon Road, Abingdon  OX14 1BB. If you do come to the show, make yourself known to me. Cheers,

Laurence