1/48 Academy MIG 29 ub

Mr B

20 hours ago, Bonehammer said:

Unfortunately, I just saw this thread. Joining tops and bottoms, then back to front is not something I'd advise in general, and not on this kit, which happens to be a dark beast of mine.

You can see my last build on here.

A combination of multi-part fuselage, thin plastic and aging molds seems to be the bane of this kit.

I suggest you bridge that gap with plasticard before puttying (otherwise it's going to crack and crack and crack again) and check the fuselage for misalignment, as warping of the plastic may be the culprit here.

Wow very nice work man.......sad to say I broke some parts by trying to make things better.....so it's going to be withdrawn.....

14 hours ago, Hewy said:

Bad luck mr b, the cockpit was looking so good , how much mojo is in the tank?, i hope you  can wrestle it into submission,

Glynn

Yes glynn bad luck.........mojo is just about gone as I snapped parts, withdrawing it......no use beating a dead horse.....

• Like 1

Mr boss man 

officially withdrawn. Will start the Great Wall kit or the big Trumpeter which just came into my stash yesterday.....will decide and start accordingly.....thanks for the support guys....2nd model in a span of 1 year I am withdrawing.....hope it's not a new trend developing

happy modeling

rgds

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mr B said:

Mr boss man 

officially withdrawn. Will start the Great Wall kit or the big Trumpeter which just came into my stash yesterday.....will decide and start accordingly.....thanks for the support guys....2nd model in a span of 1 year I am withdrawing.....hope it's not a new trend developing

happy modeling

rgds

thats a shame....now you have me worried as I'm building mine that way!!! Thought I still have to get my AM cockpit to behave....not an easy task I can tell you!

Maybe once you get one of these done you can come back to her?

On 13/07/2017 at 10:04 PM, trickyrich said:

thats a shame....now you have me worried as I'm building mine that way!!! Thought I still have to get my AM cockpit to behave....not an easy task I can tell you!

Maybe once you get one of these done you can come back to her?

I might give it off for parts. Don't worry to much mine was a dud from the factory i think....anyways i have decided and started on my entry look and c

rgds