Trumpeter MiG 29 SMT 1/72 🇷🇺

Valkyrie

Welcome aboard, the Russian bug is very easy to catch trust me!! :D

This is probably the version I would have gone for as well if I hadn't been building a Slovakian AS model. Have you decided on a scheme yet?

Good luck with the build, look forward to following this build and seeing her in the gallery.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Welcome aboard, the Russian bug is very easy to catch trust me!! :D

This is probably the version I would have gone for as well if I hadn't been building a Slovakian AS model. Have you decided on a scheme yet?

Good luck with the build, look forward to following this build and seeing her in the gallery.

Hi, I've got it bad as well. It's definitely going to be the 4 tone splinter grey for this fella, I might look to do 2 as decal options in the box are for numbers 20 and 21! 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so il admit I am a bit excited for this group build and I had bought the Trumpeter MiG-29 SMT especially for this. As with most newbies the majority of stuff doesn't make it to display long term, but with this one I want to do my very best, not rush and do everything exactly as it should be done. Anyway, here we go...

We have an extensive kit in a top opening box, all colour glossy guides, decals for Bort numbers 20 or 21 for same aircraft same base etc, all look super smooth. 15 sprues in their own packages in medium grey plastic 150 pcs in all. 2 ejector seats, sticks and a massive range of weaponry, I think more than can actually go on the aircraft, you almost have to choose its mission and decide its load out. 

Start with the cockpit, instructions ask for light blue walls but I don't think this is correct, should it not be grey?

IMG_5001_zpsguo9bigp.jpg

• Like 2

That does look nice!

I have the same quires myself with the cockpit colours. I had thought they were that lovely (:sick:) blue colour as well, but quite a few photo's I've come across show a grey colour for the interior. It's not a matter of the shade of blue looking grey, it is grey (very noticable on the Slovak ones). I think a bit more research is required here, I'll but a query up in the chat section to see if any in the brains trust know.