2 hours ago, The Chief Smeg said:

You may just get really lucky. Brazing rod might be a better bet as it is a bit more bendy?

Good shout that man. Might be worth a look as I can get some from work. 

Matt

• Thanks 1

You might be OK with a butt joint as it's such a large surface. But I guess you could reinforce as well? Maybe drill a pair of 2mm holes or whatever you need to give enough wiggle room, then part fill them with Miliput or similar, insert paperclips, and before it's set up join the two halves with superglue? That will wick into the holes and I don't think it'll interfere with the putty setting, the putty will take up the wiggle room and it should end up solid.

I might be over-thinking this though!

W

• Like 2

Well, I have a vested interest, there is one stat in my stash (along with iron man) ready for me to try and I’m wondering about lighting - yours has made me consider it for both!

Blimey I'd forgotten this build from way back! Back in 2014 I built the Moebius Iron Man Mk VI kit and faced several of the same problem you did - well apart from a broken spine!

I used a strip of tissue paper behind the eyes to diffuse the LED i put into the head which worked well

DSC_0558.JPG&key=7d91fb083a6ffc39110b4c5

and put a plug into his foot to attach to the base and supply the current to the LEDs:

DSC_0562.JPG&key=a65a35e04ac208b1b8e52cd

I used Alclad paints and the gold layer during the painting process looker rather spiffy!

DSC_0591.JPG&key=da0be8cb733ee8c962d8bae

I was quite pleased with the end result and its been doing shows with me on and off ever since - its a favourite of kids who can immediately recognise something on the modelling tables!

DSC_0594.JPG&key=05a634a6ae87986b71480b2

Here is my original build thread:

Edited by Kallisti
  • Like 1