The dreaded Reveleri 2000C in 1:72

vppelt68

So I picked up a Tiger Meet boxing of said kit once on my grocery shopping trip to a supermarket stocking some Revell stuff.

I will build the kit oob, or very close to, with only glue, paint and... putty :rofl:. First thing I want to check, though, is how much the planes that participated in ACE 17 differ from the version in the kit.

And, there's four Bf 109:s, a La-5FN and a Typhoon 1b I need to finish first! V-P

V-P,

I can't answer your question but welcome to the GB.

Now crack on with those Bf-109's, the La-5FN and the Typhoon, there's a good chap, then you can have fun with the Mirage!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Nearly three months since I opened this thread! But now the 109:s and the Tiffie are done, and the La-5 has more time to be built in the Radials GB, so it's time to take off with the Mirage.

My plan: Build a simple and clean Mirage 2000C with the kit supplied decals, centerline fuel tank w/o the rear wing and a single Magic 2 CATM. Because I'd need to fill the holes for the four pylons they'll be there, three of them empty.

Let me remind you, I know absolutely nothing about Mirages nor am very interested in learning either :thumbsup:.

The parts left to use after dismissing most of the armament:

Mirage parts

The decals and main fuselage colours, yes, they are Xtracolor Flanker blue and Fulcrum grey!

Edit: gotta say the blue tin lid looks very different compared with that in the pic :hmmm:.

Decals and paints

And a peek at Revell instructions:

Instructions.

Here's my build now:

2017-09-22_02-02-07

Glad to finally join this! Best regards, V-P

• Like 2

Thanks Wez, you know I'm glad too! Here's some of that progress:

20 grams? Don't know.

Pit and some weight, ready to put the fuselage together now. Front LG bay was also painted before closing.

Should it be this quick?

While I was at it, that delta wing assembly looked like a nice way to make sure the fuselage sticks together. And then it was just a few swipes of liquid cement here and there, to have the intakes and upper wing halves there too. V-P

• Like 1

Another non-significant pic. But a progress pic anyway. First layer of Fulcrum grey on the upper surfaces. In this pic the Flanker blue tin looks a lot better too.

First paint on.

The build isn't beautiful but so far I like the speed... Correct for the protype n'est ce pas? The nose is definitely not... V-P

• Like 2

The nose is definitely an eagly one withoug a radar. Just gill in all thf panel lines!

The fin has production shape, so you are good to go for any early plane!

Maybe you can even paint the nose black!

• Like 1

I'm not one of those who turn a pig's ear into a juicy steak. So this little kit was either to be thrashed or given the usual V-P quick build treatment, which is actually close to equal with the former. It took two days for the Fulcrum Grey to dry enough to allow a partial second coat of Flanker Blue. Somehow I don't like these paints at all. The radome was painted grey with Hu64.

French plane with Russian colours

It think I will finish this one. V-P

• Like 2