Armed Forces Day 2017

cathasatail

Hi,

I thought I might create this thread for anyone to post pictures in of any events that happened today.

I guess I'll start off; I went to Cosford for a superb concert by the Glebe Symphonic Wind Orchestra- with an excellent series of flypasts (and landing) from a BBMF Spitfire:

aa.jpg

bb.jpg

cc.jpg

dd.jpg

Kind regards,

Sam

• Like 6

Just now, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Nice shots, Sam. Is this with the new lens?

I love the black Spit with the camo rudder!

Cheers! And yes, yes it is!

My first outing with a 300mm and I'm exceedingly impressed- I've also fiddled around with the ISO and exposure to get the prop to blur so I'm chuffed with that as well :D

2 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Thought so! Not so much cropping this time?

I tend to cheat with auto ISO! What shutter speed did you use?

(I did crop these down only slightly, but nothing compared to last time)

I used an ISO of 200 and a shutter speed of 1/320, with some exposure correction added in as well. Next time I'll try 1/250 to increase the detail a little more and mitigate some of the bluriness.

We had quite a treat at Scarborough Armed Forces day when the promised Spitfire 1.00pm did not show but the BBMF Hurricane did half an hour late

DSC_0174_zpsb4avqr2d.jpg

Plus the Red Arrows

93b8ce7d-3fd8-4bbd-81c1-6ebed6953d05_zps

Falcons

DSC_0173_zpsgkuxkwm8.jpg

& the RNLI did a bit of winching with the new look coastguards helicopter.

Edited by roys
  • Like 1

Apparently in Plymouth a Strikemaster, Mig 15, Dakota and some other stuff were flying. I didn't go; I need some time off from uniformed nonsense and besides, it would mean going into Plymouth and I've ran out of carbolic and DDT.

• Like 2

Great photo's,strange,about I think tenish yesterday I swear it was a Hurricane flew over us(2 miles north of Durham City) heading north,it was certainly a warbird

but the BoB flight were nowhere near us on the day are there any other preserved Hurricanes in the country?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Great photo's,strange,about I think tenish yesterday I swear it was a Hurricane flew over us(2 miles north of Durham City) heading north,it was certainly a warbird

but the BoB flight were nowhere near us on the day are there any other preserved Hurricanes in the country?

There is R4118 (which was supposed to turn up to the Cosford airshow but didn't *grumble grumble* :P )

http://www.hurricaneheritage.com/

• Like 1

also there is P3700 which is owned by the historic aircraft collection, in addition to R4118 there are also P3717 and the sea hurricane based at old warden, B505 with Hangar 11 although i dont think it has flown since 2015 and AE977 based at biggin hill heritage hangar and G-ROBT which flew again last week from Elmsett with hawker restorations.

Edited by Jimbobtheflimbob

18 hours ago, Darby said:

Apparently in Plymouth a Strikemaster, Mig 15, Dakota and some other stuff were flying. I didn't go; I need some time off from uniformed nonsense and besides, it would mean going into Plymouth and I've ran out of carbolic and DDT.

Lmfao :lol: