Airfix Wimpy for 2018

PhantomBigStu

I am waiting for the MK III . . . .  that type flew from my local airfield during 1942 . . . .

I'm sure many will be pleased with the Mk. II, Merlin engined version IIRC.

I am kinda hoping they will get to do the whole Wellington family  . . . 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

I am waiting for the MK III . . . .  that type flew from my local airfield during 1942 . . . .

I'm sure many will be pleased with the Mk. II, Merlin engined version IIRC.

I am kinda hoping they will get to do the whole Wellington family  . . . 

I'm hoping for a GR.XIV one day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

If we are mentioning version requests, I’ll nominate the earliest MK.1 with those smooth Perspex turrets as my favourite. 
Cheers.. Dave 

More likely than my ‘wish’ a Dart Wellington

http://progress-is-fine.blogspot.com/2018/03/turbo-prop-wellington.html?m=1

Trevor

1 hour ago, Edge said:

There's the Trumpeter one....

Edge

I was looking at the parts on-line the other day and, to me, it looks like Trumpeter over did the geodetic structure somewhat.  Actually I have been looking out for the Matchbox kit or Revell's re-boxing, sort of for old times sake as I built it when I was about 10,but they are quite pricey.

11 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

I was looking at the parts on-line the other day and, to me, it looks like Trumpeter over did the geodetic structure somewhat.  Actually I have been looking out for the Matchbox kit or Revell's re-boxing, sort of for old times sake as I built it when I was about 10,but they are quite pricey.

I have one somewhere & IIRC the reviews said something similar regarding the geodeic structure. I think the reviewer suggested a light sanding or similar treatent.

Edge

• Like 1

The problem with doing the Hercules powered Wellingtons is as well as new engines, the fuselage needs a few changes (rear fuselage for change of turret and changes to windows). Are Airfix prepared to do this given a Mark II is in the wings? 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, JWM said:

Great news! Thank you for information.

I hope next will be Warwick...

Regards and Happy New Year!

J-W

Alley Cat were working on a 1/72 Warwick some time ago. 

Unfortunately Ali has come down with the dreaded Covid (as read on another forum) and is making a steady recovery. He did mention in the post that he was still working on some projects, including some CAD & 3D printing of prototype parts so I am hopeful that the Warwick project is still alive.

Edge

• Like 2

Fab news about the Wellington Mk.II.  With the Mossie, Tempest, Beaufort, Vulcan, Spit VC and re-released Valiant Airfix have pretty much monopolised my 2021 modelling budget.

8 hours ago, Edge said:

Alley Cat were working on a 1/72 Warwick some time ago. 

Unfortunately Ali has come down with the dreaded Covid (as read on another forum) and is making a steady recovery. He did mention in the post that he was still working on some projects, including some CAD & 3D printing of prototype parts so I am hopeful that the Warwick project is still alive.

Edge

Sorry to hear that.  I hope he is recovering well.  I just found out that two of my neices and the oldest's baby have contracted it.  So far they've not been too bad, just very tired. 

1 hour ago, john224 said:

Did I miss something here? They had the Wellington on the Youtube video as a re-release, but I don't remember them issuing a Mk II before.

No they haven't released the Mk.II before so it's not really a re-release.

On 10/22/2020 at 1:45 AM, Rabbit Leader said:

If we are mentioning version requests, I’ll nominate the earliest MK.1 with those smooth Perspex turrets as my favourite. 
Cheers.. Dave 

Don't forget the ventral dustbin turret ...

pic2018121.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Homebee why don't you post the pictures over the original Airfix links ?
That way they have much more resolution than if you upload the screenshots on a image hosting site:

Here's only one example:

On 7/9/2021 at 1:37 PM, Neil Lambess said:

If only they would tool a new fuselage for the high altitude one with the pressurised cabin ..

...or somebody issue a resin conversion kit !

Hi

there is a high altitude resin conversion kit 

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/unicraft-models-unc1297-wellington-mkv-conversion-kit--1037280

not sure how it will fit the new airfix kit

cheers

jerry 

• Thanks 1