Tamiya Opel Calibra DTM Team Joest

Hi,

I built this as a favour for a colleague who was given it a good few years back and never got up the confidence to start it. Its my first build of something without wings or tracks and off the back of this I now have a couple of Tamiya's 1:20 F1 kits added to the stash. Really good fun and straightforwards build, as you would expect fit is very good and easy to assemble. The only addition I made was a set of belts, I didn't want to spend out on etch so printed a set out on paper and made some buckles from foil (a mince pie tin I think :)). Paints were mostly Tamiya, with shades of Citadel Mithril Silver for the metal parts and finished with Alclad aqua gloss. The kit decals had fallen to bits after living in the loft for so long, so an OOP Shunko Models replacement set were sourced from a guy in Italy as they seem to be rare as hens teeth. They were nice and thin but a bit brittle and prone to cracking, though settled down OK in the end with Micro sol/set. Not really much more to say other than I would definitely build one of these little DTM cars again and the end product was well received :) Thanks for looking and any C&CC gratefully received, cheers Stu

IMAG4846_zpsyoivnnjd.jpg

IMAG4845_zpsjelwx2pz.jpg

IMAG4853_zpsxgso4zd8.jpg

IMAG4852_zpsllrfkojx.jpg

IMAG4851_zpsrthgjyuk.jpg

IMAG4850_zps8nhafxrk.jpg

IMAG4849_zpsrlg0fdd8.jpg

IMAG4848_zpskcglfizt.jpg

IMAG4847_zpsgmuu98jk.jpg

IMAG4842_zpsolrifxal.jpg

IMAG4844_zpsqc3kvc4o.jpg

• Like 7

i built mine many years ago. love the detail of the model and yours looks great. however, shouldn't the bonnet latches behind the front wheel arches be chrome?

Edited by spoly