Tank A 1/35

"Tank A" was first yugoslav attempt to produce tank in 1949. Project was based on T-34/85. Due to shortage of nickel, quality of armour was very bad. All in all, project was a real disaster from the start. Heavier than T-34, with very bad visibility from turret. Aiming devices were "borrowed" from Pz IV H, same for machine guns ( 7,92mm ). On turret was installed 12,7 browing. I used resin conversion from Condor4 and T-34 from Dragon. Friul metal tracks, paints from Akan. 

SAM_3410_zpsuf61fbbr.jpg

SAM_3411_zpspfbrsznq.jpg

SAM_3401_zpsgnfnadgi.jpg

SAM_3402_zpsxy4hzxk4.jpg

SAM_3404_zpsn8s01obj.jpg

SAM_3405_zpsne9jcbng.jpg

SAM_3407_zpsadnwfdna.jpg

SAM_3408_zpspnzaiiez.jpg

SAM_3409_zpstc1ygiil.jpg

SAM_3410_zpsuf61fbbr.jpg

SAM_3411_zpspfbrsznq.jpg

Edited by Murmillo
  • Like 10

That's a nice build of a very interesting subject. Vasko Barbic did an article in Military Modelling magazine back in the late 80s-early 90s about this very vehicle.

There's a lot about that design that shows the learning curve everybody faces. Isn't the vehicle still around?

Very interesting piece, thanks for showing. I have never heard of that vehicle. And pretty surprising that it proved to be a failure. Going by the looks I would have thought it was a pretty good design and a capable tank (similar to a Super-Sherman upgrade). But on closer inspection, as you pointed out, there are some periscopes missing at least for the commander! They could have used the cupola design of the Panzer IV, too. I wonder why they decided to omit this feature.