I-16 ICM 1/72

Hello everybody!

The old ICM kit (repack by MSD). The main problem of the kit, it's the absolutely wrong canopy form. So the canopy and some of the other elements were made by hand. 
List of the handmade parts: 
- gun barrells and pito tube were turned of steel;
- exhaust tubes were turned as well of copper wire and then painted by lifecolor acrylic;
- restraining strap on the bonnet was turned from aluminium rod as a thin ring. Yes I know, to cut out from aliminium foil is more simple way, but so it's looks better.
There is no historical prototype for camouflage scheme.

DSC05981

DSC05977

DSC05975

DSC05974

DSC05972

DSC05971

DSC05969

Thanks for looking, any comments are welcome.

Edited by maverick_62
Reload photos
  • Like 21

On 22 June 2017 at 0:02 AM, maverick_62 said:

restraining strap on the bonnet was turned from aluminium rod as a thin ring. Yes I know, to cut out from aliminium foil is more simple way, but so it's looks better.

Hi Maverick,

Lovely I-16.

Would you mind providing more details of how you did the bonnet strap? It looks great (and I have an ICM I-16 in my near future).

Regards,

David

44 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Would you mind providing more details of how you did the bonnet strap? It looks great (and I have an ICM I-16 in my near future).

Hello, David!

Bonnet strap in this case, it's simple aluminium ring was made on the lathe. Thickness approx. 0.05mm, width something about 0.8mm and diameter equal bonnet diameter.

With best wishes,

Sergey

• Like 1

That's a real beauty and some fine modelling.  I know how small this aircraft is in 1/72 which makes the paint finish even more impressive. 

4 hours ago, maverick_62 said:

Hello, David!

Bonnet strap in this case, it's simple aluminium ring was made on the lathe. Thickness approx. 0.05mm, width something about 0.8mm and diameter equal bonnet diameter.

With best wishes,

Sergey

Hi Sergey,

Thanks for the information. I hadn't considered using a metal lathe (although I do have access to my fathers lathe...). 

Kind regards,

David