Contrail Blackburn Botha

Very nice work so far! The extra detail on the engines does a lot! :)

Håkan

• Like 1

Superb work on an unusual subject, I was considering the PH Models resin one but at £55 its a bit dear for a kit almost as basic as your vacform one, and has no decals! The mouldings look pretty clean in photo's I've seen..... Still churning around my brain though!

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Like 1

Painting at last! Dark green Humbrol rattle can and brush painted dark earth over the top. Decals have been problematic, despite gloss coating they still silvered and dousing in Klear still hasn't fully resolved the '37' on the fuselage side and there's that annoying ring around the upper wing decal.

The cockpit framing will be done with decal strip, tried masking but with a blank vacform canopy it's really difficult to get the mask shapes right.

Undercarriage next.

41247529045_bea36e816e_c.jpg

40341607880_17f6edfb33_c.jpg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Hi Neil!!!

Lovely work you have done turning this kit into  a masterpiece!!!

Have enjoyed the way you did your work, is not a gem of a kit but you did a nice labour of love with this very difficult to find oldie.

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

BB,

Just now came back to your WIP- what an incredible job you have done since the start! She almost looks handsome in the scheme you decided upon. Can't wait to see her on her undercart. BTW, thanks for the tip about using Halifax cowlings- now all I need to do is get the kit! (Are you listening Valom? This one is right up your alley!) You know how this will go, don't you BB? As soon as you finish your build, we will see a new-tool injected kit in at least two scales, so hurry up!

Mike