Revell rebox of Zvezda Star Destroyer when or is it over already?

I've been searching for word of when the Revell boxing of the large Zvezda Imperial Star Destroyer was/has been released, but all I find is old news and nowhere selling it - have I missed the boat?

Edited by Kallisti

It was released back in April as a 40th Anniversary Limited Edition priced at £90.

Still available via that well known auction site, the Zvezda one seems to be holding its price while the Revell reboxed one is going for upwards of £150.

It was announced for April and there was an inbox review on a German site IIRC but I have seen it listed in no shop. Revell did not answer my request wether this really sold out that fast or if it is still to be released. So unless anybody actually has this kit or knows someone first hand I suppose it was not released. It seem too unlikely that a 100 Euro kit sold out over night. But maybe they had just enough boxes to serve the preorder people. I saw the "second hand" market but wonder if they actually have the kit in hand or only offer something like delivery in about two months or the like.

• Like 1

I've seen a few people get the Revell rebox of the Zvezda SD on a FB build group. So it is out there. Not entirely sure how limited it is/was as most still seem to be ordering the original Russian release off of eBay. 

3 hours ago, Madmonk said:

It was released back in April as a 40th Anniversary Limited Edition priced at £90.

Still available via that well known auction site, the Zvezda one seems to be holding its price while the Revell reboxed one is going for upwards of £150.

Missed that entirely- I just remember seeing the box art in a convention photo.

Strange- I don't remember seeing it available here

Hmm... I almost fetched the Zevezda box up in China two weeks ago. Price was about the same what Revell Germany had asked for. I only did not buy it as my luggage was full already and because (main reason) I hoped that Revell is just delaying for some reasons. So they must have sold out really fast. I really did not expect this. Maybe they will release it again without the extras as a not limited edition in the future? :think:

René

I pre-ordered one on Amazon.de at the beginning of the year, but a few days before the April release date I got an e-mail saying they where sold out but they might get more stock in a few months time. I found one hidden at the back of a model shop that I randomly came across while on a trip, so I grabbed it quick & cancelled the Amazon order.   

BTW the kit comes with a laughably small pot of grey paint, I don't know who thought it would be able to cover such a big kit. The poster that comes with the kit is just a glossy A4 print too.

• Like 1