Mirage IIIEE 1/72nd

PaulT 876

Hi

I shall try to make and finish a Revell 72nd Mirage IIIE as a EE in the later Spanish markings.

I will post the normal photos later when I have taken them.

See Ya

Paul

• Like 4

Paul,

Welcome to the GB with another great choice of subject.

Good to see a Spanish jet in the GB, whose decals are you using?

Hi Wez

I have the Carpena 72-08 sheet just now so that's my main one so far, but I hope to get the Series Espanolas Mirage IIIEE/DE SHEET SE472 soon also in 48th and they do a F1 sheet also in 72nd-48th.

Paul

14 minutes ago, PaulT 876 said:

Hi Wez

I have the Carpena 72-08 sheet just now so that's my main one so far, but I hope to get the Series Espanolas Mirage IIIEE/DE SHEET SE472 soon also in 48th and they do a F1 sheet also in 72nd-48th.

Paul

Never heard of the Series Espanolas sheets before, where do you get them from?

11 minutes ago, Jabba said:

They are a Spanish company Wez.

What gave it away? :shrug:

I was wondering whether there was a UK source or indeed wondering whether I needed to use my best Spanish phrase to get them (which is BTW "Tu cerdo es feo").

Edited by Wez

2 hours ago, PaulT 876 said:

Hi Wez

Is That Spanish for where's my beer gone mate.

http://www.aeronautiko.com/product_info.php?products_id=45067  try this for the decals.

I shall order some by the end of the week.

Paul

Actually Paul, it means "Your pig is ugly", which probably wouldn't get you what you wanted unless you wanted a punch in the nose!

It was one of the phrases I had to translate when I was trying to learn Spanish.

My second favourite phrase was "Las reinas no beben cerveza", tickled me to think of members of Spanish royalty not accepting a drink when offered (it means "The Queens do not drink beer"), funny what you remember.

Anyway, thanks for the link I'll check them out.

• Like 1

Revell 1/72 Mirage IIIE...    can I give this one a great big :thumbsup:

A little bit of context for my point of view.    This kit is an old kit, dating from 1976.  Back in 1976 as a callow youth, I was on a family holiday to Fleetwood.  There was a big model shop that I visited there.  There were lots and lots of things I wanted to buy but didn't have the money.  I thought that I could save my daily allowance and by the end of the holiday I could afford a nice kit.   The kits that caught my eye were the Revell Mirage and the Revell YF-16. 

Come the end of the holiday, I could afford one or the other, not both.   I settled on the Mirage. 

I entered the model shop only to find that the last Mirage had been sold, but in its place on the shelf was the Matchbox F-4M Phantom.  Do you remember the box art for that?  What young lad could resist it?  So I bought the Phantom.

I never did build the Revell Mirage; something I have always regretted.  So now I'm going to put that right, albeit vicariously through your build. :)

:popcorn:

• Like 1

Hi Enzo

In 1976 I was 18 in the RAF on my 1st tour in Wiltshire and bombing about on a Honda CB250G5 that I got new the year before in 1977 and i passed my test 3 days later after I got it.

I do remember most of the box tops, been making kits since 1963/64 I know I was making them when I was in Hospital for 8 weeks when I was 6 and I had been making them for a while before that.

I have started the Revell kit a few time but not finished them so for me it will be a 1st and the 2nd GB I would have finished started loads.

I have about 8 of them could be more as I keep finding ones when I move the stash around, got loads of Mirage kits as I have said before.

I shall prod start the GB early next week as things to do this next few days.

Paul

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok

I have now sorted the photo host site now yet another Flickr account I have, I will post the start photo later.

I have made a small start looks like I shall have to part build the cockpit as the rear bit looks nothing like the real thing, and all the AM E-seats I have are way to tall will see how turns out.

As normal I shall be plodding along with this build early in the mornings so not a fast build rate.

Paul

Paul,

Glad you've been able to make a start, looking forward to seeing the pictures.

Wez

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Made a start been doing a bit each morning, after looking at the cockpit I have come to it that I have to scratch build one I have found that the AML resin one would fit so will use that as a guide to size.

I will do that later, I have been working on the wings, all engraved Elevons cut off ready for detailing engine started just got to do the inside correct not like the kit which is naff.

Next up is putting the detail into the main U/C bays should be fun.

I shall take the kit along to the Birmingham  show this  Sunday, if you are there pop by the Mirage & French Sig's stand for a look and a chat.

I will try to get the photos done this w/e but that could slip.

See Ya

Paul

Looking forward to seeing your build so far Paul.  I hope I will learn much.  I'll also bring my PJ Prod M5F and Heller Mirage IVA too for the SIG displays. 

See ya Sunday.