Fujimi Bf109K-4 1/48

Plasto

Hi,

With my Emil finished and my Fredrich well on the way to being finished I thought I might be able to squeeze another build in before the GB closes.

I would have liked to have built Hasegawas 1/48 K-4 but U could not find one for sensible money.. The fujimi kit gets a MID so I think I can run with that.

the kit is unstated and I have a CMK resin cockpit floating around for it as well. 

Squadrons Bf 109 in action part 2 has a nice colour illustration for a late machine in late war colours on the back cover.. I think I might run with that for a scheme.. 

Ill begin once the Fredrich is complete.

Cheers

Plasto

Edited by Plasto
  • Like 2

So with the Fredrich finished and another win by the AB's secured I have turned my attention to the Kurfürst...

I have assembled the bare fuselage including the cowl inserts which needed careful gluing to get good alignment. I've also filled the panel lines which fujimi have in place for a late Gustav.. the Tooling serves for both a late G10 and a K-4. A quick consult of my references helped me fill in the Gustav specific panel lines... 

I've also assembled most of the resin tub and sidewalls and given them a base coat of RLM66

CMK's resin is nice but TBH with a Bit of elbow grease the kit parts would look very good as well..

here is the The tub in closeup...

Detail painting to follow and the fuselage needs sanding back..

cheers

Plasto

Edited by Plasto
  • Like 2

A few more bits done.

Detail painting  on the cockpit bits..

109k images

Ill use the kit IP as it looks ok and will scrub up fine and is less involved than the CMK offering.

I have thinned down the fuselage sides to accept the CMK cockpit bits and added a bit of surfacer on those unwanted panel lines..

109k images

I've also gotten the wing together...

cheers

Plasto

Edited by Plasto
  • Like 1

Nice work Plasto

I built one of these kits a few years back and seem to remember thinking that it stacked up ok against the Hasegawa kits.

Look forward to seeing more progress.

James

Yes it compares to the Hasegawa kit ok I think.. Possibly not quite as nice..

With all of the PB drama I've been through this thread and tweaked images a bit so it makes sense I also have kicked off a blog over on blogger.. So Its not all bad..

Ive also found a bit of time for modelling and have progressed with the 109K...

The Cockpit is fitted and I have attached the wing to fuselage and am in the process of sorting out the joints.

35493918322_e91bf39fe3_z.jpg

35275621910_0427a3c0bd_z.jpg

Cheers

Plasto

• Like 2

Three builds in a GB, now that's being greedy!! :)  I haven't checked out your other two yet but this one seems to be coming along.  The CMK cockpit fitted well without I presume too much trauma, unlike the Aires one that I put into a Bf110 which was sanded to near transparency!

Max

Hi,

I tend not to think about the number I build too much there is always something  going on, on the bench so to slip another bf109 in is not too much bother. The CMK cockpit fitted very nicely and is wonderfully detailed. I had to use my 'dremel' to knock back the kit plastic a bit and ended up with a tight fit. But it all goes in there with no issues..

CMK also give you a vac form canopy but my copy is quite textured on the clear parts and so is worse than the kit canopy...

I need to tidy up a few seams and its off to paint but I'm working on a Do335 also ATM so I'm painting that first...

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update on the K...

35071823864_1ed7955108_b.jpg

I've added all of the small bits such as DF loop and a pitot out of brass tube... I'm now waiting on some paint masks for this before finishing it off. 

Cheers

Plasto..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...