abandoned damaged wrecked planes WWII Pacific theatre pic needed

Davide Calzolari

abandoned damaged wrecked  planes WWII Pacific theatre pic needed, i like the relics :)

i'm gonna do  an Helldiver from the old ancient monogram kit of the 60-70,that today it's absolutely no useful(not the promodeller,obviosuly)so i transform it in an abadoned scrapped plane in the jungle,but perhaps ive not enough pics of every type of u.s. planes in these conditions

any help appreciated 

2 hours ago, italian intruder said:

at now the best ive is this :) not so bad but not enough :)

bipf9t.jpg

The caption reads:

Lockheed PV-1 Ventura, delivered to the US Navy as Bu. 34645 and later transferred to the Royal New Zealand Air Force as NZ4522

http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2014/05/30-crashed-derelict-and-destroyed-aircraft-across-the-world/2/

Amazing how well the original colors (supposedly the NZ versions of EDSG and DSG) seem to have survived on the cowling flaps, on the rest not so much tho ...

Edit:

All the other (tho seemingly taken at a later date) photos I found don't show these colors on the cowling flaps so I don't know if my conclusion is correct.

1 hour ago, occa said:

The caption reads:

Lockheed PV-1 Ventura, delivered to the US Navy as Bu. 34645 and later transferred to the Royal New Zealand Air Force as NZ4522

http://www.urbanghostsmedia.com/2014/05/30-crashed-derelict-and-destroyed-aircraft-across-the-world/2/

Amazing how well the original colors (supposedly the NZ versions of EDSG and DSG) seem to have survived on the cowling flaps, on the rest not so much tho ...

Edit:

All the other (tho seemingly taken at a later date) photos I found don't show these colors on the cowling flaps so I don't know if my conclusion is correct.

If, the aircraft was originally designated for the US Navy, it would have been delivered in the then USN 3/4 Tone camouflage, to the

RNZAF August 1943.

The RNZAF never at that time or subsequently, have versions of Extra Dark Sea Grey (EDSG) and Dark Slate Grey (DSG) in

its paint inventories.

(Caveat - The RNZAF did receive 4 Mk III Sunderlands late 1944 from Britain, but these were already painted in EDGS.DSG/Sky)

Around that time the airframe would have either flown in the original USN colours OR, it may have received a repaint in the

RNZAF Pacific Scheme, being RNZAF Pacific Blue/RNZAF Pacific Green/Sky (a Duck Egg Blue) - Note the RNZAF Pacific Green

is nothing like Dark Slate Grey.

By the time NZ4522 was written off, it may have been repainted in RNZAF Pacific Blue Uppers and RNZAF Sky Grey lowers, where the

"Sky Grey" is really a copy of DuPont Sky Type S-Grey (a Duck Egg Blue Colour) Manufactured by BALM

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

9 hours ago, italian intruder said:

abandoned damaged wrecked  planes WWII Pacific theatre pic needed, i like the relics :)

i'm gonna do  an Helldiver from the old ancient monogram kit of the 60-70,that today it's absolutely no useful(not the promodeller,obviosuly)so i transform it in an abadoned scrapped plane in the jungle,but perhaps ive not enough pics of every type of u.s. planes in these conditions

any help appreciated 

Have a look at these links -you might find inspiration, especially for the under water scenes

Under water wrecks

Aircraft wrecks

HTH

• Like 1

pics of WWII u.s or commonwealth  planes in pacific theatre among ithe jungle? till now the finest and dramatic pic is that oen of the PBY ventura 

john thnx for the effort but being  me italian,the silouhette and pics of the WWII planes shot down  in the shores /underwaters  of tuscania,sicily,calabria, lazio and even in the not too far Greece are well known, btw now i'm searchgin for something  more exotic as above :)

19 minutes ago, italian intruder said:

dauntless i suppose

Dauntless has no metal part behind limousine of canopy. What about Northrop/Douglas A17/DB8? 

Cheers

J-W

yes, helldiver, above there's  there a lack of a squared small panel soon after the front canopy and before the motor pack:, even  the raised lines of the 1/48 model of helldiver i've show the panel

Edited by Davide Calzolari

3 hours ago, italian intruder said:

the 2 motor plane with people on upper surfaces  in the pic above is a B-25 as i think or what else?

Nakajima Ki-49 "Helen" s/n 3220 at Alexishafen airfield, New Guinea. 

Nick

• Like 3