Cromwell Models

missile-monkey

Hi,

Looking for some help. If this is the wrong forum then I appologise. I would like to know if Cromwell Models from Glasgow are still in bussiness, and if so how do you contact them? The reason I ask is that I have been told they do a 1/72 scale kit of the 432 upgrade Bulldog as used in Iraq. I am doing a few vehicles used in Iraq from 2003 until 2009 and am missing this one.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Regads

MM

Cromwell models are still in business.

Their business style leaves a little to be desired from disgruntled clients, as delivery times came be erratic to say the least ! Gordon Brown is the proprietor of the company, although his wife Anne is often the point of contact through Facebook. Unfortunately, Gordon's health has suffered in recent years & since Cromwell models is a man show, the business & his reputation has suffered accordingly. As I mentioned, your most direct contact would be thru' Facebook.

• 4 years later...
11 minutes ago, Courageous said:

http://www.matadormodels.co.uk/catalogue.htm

I haven't had much luck buying from them and have always bought these models at the IPMS Nationals @ Telford.

Stuart

Thanks, but I can’t see anything listed for Cromwell Models in the link you sent!

IPMS at Telford would not be much help ‘cause I live in Scotland!

9 hours ago, Courageous said:

Sorry, I forgot about my pre-cursor. According to https://henk.fox3000.com/Crommod.htm, Cromwell moulds were handed to Matador.

Stuart

Had another look at the Matador website (not one of the best, I have to say). Seems most models that are on offer are in 1:76 scale, but no evidence whatsoever of Cromwell Models or their moulds! Seems Cromwell Models no longer exist.

3 hours ago, viper-30 said:

Cromwell models is still up and running .. various kits appear on http://ams-paints-and-accessories.co.uk

in the Cromwell section ..I had a carrv yes arrive this week .. 

Checked the website; only five kits listed, with a header note stating no advance orders will be accepted for Cromwell models (suggesting an unreliability issue). Not exactly ‘up and running’, but thank you for the link. I think I’ll give up on Cromwell; life’s too short - and I have a life to live!

20 hours ago, Michael Leek said:

Checked the website; only five kits listed, with a header note stating no advance orders will be accepted for Cromwell models (suggesting an unreliability issue). Not exactly ‘up and running’, but thank you for the link. I think I’ll give up on Cromwell; life’s too short - and I have a life to live!

Ok up and running as in he is still producing kits .. it’s really random how and when they get them ..personally I wouldn’t spend money on his stuff unless I had it in my hand .. I provided a lot of information for the tes CARRV .. and was promised a kit it return that was over three years ago ..

• 1 month later...

Cromwell Models are best found at the Nats in Telford.
Its a buy it when you see it kind of company. Mary at AMS paints wont take a pre order because they are not to sure if they can deliver to a regular time frame... and sometimes at all on certain lines.

Go the nats 😉