Best of British - The Red Arrows

Bodmin

Not only made in Britain, but in my opinion the best of Britian. Flying the Red, White and Blue all over the world since 1965 the Red Arrows are perhaps the premier aerobatic teams in the world and are great ambassadors for the United Kingdom.

After a disastrous end to my last build I hope to make a better job this time around. I will be building both models from the Airfix 1/48 scale 50th Anniversary box set.

20170617_095623_zpsomhgfurk.jpg

• Like 4

A double build of two Red Arrows? :speak_cool: 

Rather surprising to think the team has only used these two types over its 50 year history.

• Like 1

Some rapid progress. Quite a simple kit really, but some really nice detail in places. Don't understand the point of the compressor blade piece though.20170612_215459_zpsfmjyonub.jpg

The rear seat was badly molded and needed filler to complete the headrest. The ejection handle got eaten by the carpet and then showed up after I'd done all the filling, hence the reason it sits a bit proud.

20170617_095500_zpsi1amfzd0.jpg

On 18/06/2017 at 9:49 AM, Col. said:

A double build of two Red Arrows? :speak_cool: 

Rather surprising to think the team has only used these two types over its 50 year history.

If it ain't broken.......

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bodmin said:

No more updates. It's in the ruddy bin!!!!

...shame - it was looking amazing by my standards - what happened???

10 minutes ago, BIG X said:

...shame - it was looking amazing by my standards - what happened???

opted for the crappy gift box paints as I didn't have red. The red in the box was some acrylic gloss that left the finish looking nothing short of awful. Didn't realise it was gloss otherwise I wouldn't have bothered.

...please don't scrap it - I've had similar problems - fish it out of the bin- sand it or something - it will look better in the morning - HONEST

• Like 1

..ouch I know that feeling...

Looking on the bright side - what else is in the stash - you need a mojo restoring build - you obviously have the talent :)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BIG X said:

Looking on the bright side - what else is in the stash

I shall continue with the hawk and order another Gnat. But first up I'll do the Lancaster my son got me for Fathers Day

• Like 1