COMPLETED Imperial Star Destroyer - Randy Cooper resin 42" 1/1500 scale

• 2 weeks later...

been in Gib for a few days on business but here's an update from the Kuat builders yard that seems to have been replicated in my garden workshop...

DSCF7106

DSCF7107

DSCF7108

DSCF7110

(no prizes if you can spot the kit bashing extras here before they were airbrushed in..) Tamiya waterline ships make great for tiny bits

DSCF7112

and here is her belly - This big kit has spent most of its time being pictured from the topside looking down - so this is what is below, now illuminated with the front and main hangars and completed tractor beam dishes.

DSCF7115

DSCF7117

DSCF7118

DSCF7119

DSCF7120

DSCF7121

DSCF7124

and finally with the boarding party gantry bridge added on the right side of the hangar clamp (The forward hangar will have a landed Tydirium shuttle sat on the edge)

DSCF7125

DSCF7126

DSCF7127

DSCF7128

DSCF7130

main port and starboard gun emplacement turrets now installed

DSCF7131

DSCF7132

DSCF7133

DSCF7135

the hot end

DSCF7136

DSCF7137

DSCF7140

thanks for following

John

• Like 14

18 minutes ago, Dermo245 said:

What Meteors said :worthy:

Thanks Dermo - the build has been a real journey for me - its pushed my patience to the absolute limit but has been real good fun (most of the time)

All that is left now is the weathering and then to pack it up for the Telford show

cheers - John

• Like 1

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 12:03 PM, rockpopandchips said:

OMG! stunning, amazing or gobsmacking just doesn't  do it justice, holy hell on a stick it looks so good.

What have you got planned for it, display in the house or build a weatherproof shrine for it in the garden?

hi again

cheers for the kind words - I will be displaying this in a clear Perspex cabinet on a clear Perspex pair of Y shaped stand supports with a mirror base - the upright display pole support will be used when she goes travelling to the shows that IPMS Farnborough want me to take it along to. I have a chippie about to make a large coffin sized transport crate for it - Helen does not know it yet but her car will be used to carry it around the UK as it certainly wont fit in my little Fiat 500 for sure!

Once Randy Cooper has his revised ISD in production (mine is already on backorder), and I have it near completion, I will probably sell this first ISD kit on to a collector. I would rather keep Randy's revised model as the dimensions are in the process of being corrected - hence, the storage case and Perspex stand will be made to accommodate the additional foot of ISD that comes with his revised kit so I will be ready to display and transport the second model and keep her as one of my prized larger builds.

Randy's SandCralwer is next on the bench after this

Thanks again for the comments - John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

so, the big lady is completed now ready for Telford. Here are the closing stages of the build

Although this kit is based on the Avenger class ISD from ESB and ROTJ, I've added snippets of the the features seen on the original Devastator ISD that featured in ANHope. The engine baffles being the major visual addition as this offered a really good means to deflect light back up into the engine nacelles using some metal foil on the insides of the engine baffle as a mirror

DSCF7158

DSCF7174

hey presto - 9 little mirrors really do amplify the glow - and this was using an almost flat battery pack

DSCF7176

DSCF7179

DSCF7180

DSCF7182

DSCF7184

It has its own "little" carry box that I knocked up for £17 using some 6mm ply and timber strips - just need the rope for some handles now

DSCF7187

THE FINAL FURLONG

DSCF7197

DSCF7205

DSCF7206

DSCF7210

DSCF7211

and finally, this little chap (just 10mm high) will be hanging down from the forward hangar from a very fine thread of fibre cable - Vader on his way to the Death Star

DSCF7166

DSCF7165

Thanks for following me on a fantastic and enjoyable journey - a resin first for me and one that has not put me off working with the stuff. Randy's Sandcrawler is not far off from reaching the work bench now..

John

• Like 11

Absolutely awesomely fabulous I know how much work and detail you put into this build and it has certainly paid off  . Can't wait to see it on club night. Did you happen to buy shares in Tamiya Primer ?

The force is strong with this one

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:52 PM, noeyedears said:

this is one of the craziest and astonishing things I have seen , can I marry you?

Only if my Fiancée lets me down at the alter next year!