Kingfisher OS2-U

Dear all,

my latest little work, she is a Kingfisher  OS2-U started from an rather old monogram kit a friend of mine gave me.

Unfortunately the old resin from Cutting Edge are impossible to be found (at an acceptable price) so I decided to modify the kit, trying to reproduce all missing things by myself.
The camo has been painted with gunze and tamiya. Decals from Aeromaster.

I hope you'll like!

Kind regards

mario

kingfisher_007kingfisher_006kingfisher_005kingfisher_004kingfisher_003

kingfisher_002

kingfisher_001

kingfisher_008

• Like 42

3 hours ago, M.dart said:

Dear all,

my latest little work, she is a Kingfisher  OS2-U started

Fantastic model of the Kingfisher. I really like the finish and subtle weathering.

What scale is the kit?

Regards,

David

• Like 1

Many thanks to all for the kind words!

8 hours ago, Dazey said:

Fantastic model of the Kingfisher. I really like the finish and subtle weathering.

What scale is the kit?

Regards,

David

David,

it is in 48 scale...at the moment, I suppose, the only one available in this scale! I have seen the 1/32 scale from the Kitty hawk that seems nice. I used some photos from the kitty hawk kit as reference to "improve" my one.

The weathering was done with a mix of pre and post shading and playing at the end with oil paints (Burned Sienna and Naples Yellow). Dirty and engine exhausts done with "smoke" paint from tamiya, but I preferred to add some drops of flat black, because it was too pale and light to me.

The scratches on walk way, top of engine nacelle and edge of wings with Ak products... but I admit that was a bit nightmare for me...  The result is nice but very sensitive to masking tape and weathering!

Kind regards

m.

• Like 1