IDF Macha"G M579 Fitter

Thanks! It does sound like ransomeware - and in effect it is. I'm in the process of dowloading all my Photobucket albums. Once Ive done that, I'll find somewhere else (like Slickpic), re-upload them and then it's the monumental task of relinking... Which, to be honest, may not happen, other than for recent projects.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Try Slickpic.com

I abandoned ship on Photobucket a few years ago. This sounds a bit like ransomware.

Cheers

Julian

Thanks Julian - Slickpic seems like a good choice - particularly as, unlike a lot of sites (Photobucket, Postimage, etc), you retain full ownership of your images. That might not matter to some folks, but I do sell a few images (albeit not of toy tanks!), so I need to retain full control.

• Like 1

Hmm! I've just linked to a file, and it comes with a nasty advert for Slickpic. Maybe that's not the solution after all. :nah: 

Later...

Ah, that's what happens with a trial account... If I pay (and it's not too expensive, unlike Photobucket) the ads disappear.

Edited by PhilHendry
Added content.
  • Like 1

Yes, that's right, the free version advertises for Slickpic, the basic pay version is very reasonable. Their help desk is very fast and very good IMHO, although haven't had to use it very often.

cheers,

Julian

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 30/06/2017 at 07:49, Gremlin56 said:

Try Slickpic.com

I abandoned ship on Photobucket a few years ago. This sounds a bit like ransomware.

Cheers

Julian

Thanks Julian - Slickpic seems like a good choice - particularly as, unlike a lot of sites (Photobucket, , you retain full ownership of your images. That might not matter to some folks, but I do sell a few images (albeit not of toy tanks!), so I need to retain full control.

Still making progress... Still haven't found a good solution for photo hosting - working on it though!

So, this afternoon, I have airbrushed the 'Macha"G' Fitter with 'Sinai Grey'. That's the bit of modelling which I dislike, despite having upgraded all my airbrushing gear recently. The brush (Iwata Eclipse SBS Side-Feed) refused to work to begin with, so I had to strip and clean it. Gosh, but it's so much easier to strip and reassemble than my old Badger was.

And then, when I'd finished spraying, and cleaned up, the cable reel/winder on the spray booth refused to retract the cable, so I had to strip that down too, in order to get it working so the booth would fold back into its box.

But I have got the basic painting done. The nice thing about IDF armour is that there's no pesky camouflage to worry about - squirt the thing with a coat of 'Sinai Grey' and you're done.
So now, once I've given it a few hours to cure fully, I can get back to the fun bits!

Edited by PhilHendry
Edited for formatting

• 5 years later...

Hi, I'm building the Tamiya kit with the Verlinden conversion set. Is this as far as you have gone?

Then re Sinai Grey, is there a standard paint for the colour? TIA

Colin

Sinai Grey seems to have changed over the years. In the early 70's a 50/50 mix of Humbrol 62 and 94 worked. Sometime later it changed, I don't know the date, to a darker shade which is available from Vallejo.